Google/Apple teamup succeeds in purchasing Kodak patents for $525M
0. phoneArena posted on 19 Dec 2012, 15:28
When we first heard about this, we were pretty surprised, but it seemed to go along with Eric Schmidt's claims that Google and Apple do actually have an "adult relationship". The rumor had it that Google and Apple had teamed up to purchase Kodak imaging patents for $500 million, and now word has it that a consortium of 12 companies that includes the two tech giants has succeeded in purchasing the patents for $525M...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. lukasound posted on 19 Dec 2012, 15:45 6 0
It's all about the money, it's all about the dum dum duh dee dum dum...
6. Nathan_ingx posted on 19 Dec 2012, 16:59 5 1
Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.
In this case, i don't know which one's the enemy. ;)
3. jroc74 posted on 19 Dec 2012, 16:17 8 0
Nice. Hopefully this means less lawsuits, more working together.
4. wendygarett (limited) 2 days ago posted on 19 Dec 2012, 16:35 1 9
I love to see Google makes friends with so called "devil" hehehe :p
5. wendygarett (limited) 2 days ago posted on 19 Dec 2012, 16:50 2 6
Oh wait, Google's best friend IS Apple... Google also provide YouTube, voice search, and now Google maps, thank you Google for sharing experience to ios :)
24. htc_prep posted on 20 Dec 2012, 01:13 2 1
Wendy Google provides services which they collect money off of and apple collects money off the hardware and blindfolds they sell so they both win.
With all the stories I see you commenting on wouldn't you read the articles?
God works with the devil in order to teach humans lessons. Ever hear the story of lot?
7. JGuinan007 posted on 19 Dec 2012, 17:04 3 0
So does this mean all Kodak patents can be used by Apple and Google and they will sue Microsoft or Nokia if they are found using one?
9. MC1123 posted on 19 Dec 2012, 18:33 2 0
oh my gosh... yeah maybe... and maybe they wil go after cannor as well...
thats why i think this is a bad idea!
16. jed27 posted on 19 Dec 2012, 21:42 3 1
Your autocorrect is based on your texting history. Don't blame it.
20. OSFantasma posted on 19 Dec 2012, 23:34 0 1
23. Johnnokia posted on 20 Dec 2012, 01:12 1 2
No one could sue Nokia.... it is patents' motherland
8. joey_sfb posted on 19 Dec 2012, 17:41 2 1
Apple want to teach M$ a lesson for daring to refuse the 30% cut on their iOS platform for M$ Office 365 license.
Apple; "Its not about the money but the principle that its my god damn rights to make all those money!!"
10. MC1123 posted on 19 Dec 2012, 19:14 0 2
really hate why PA just post apple and google only where there's actually RIM and facebook on it!
they are 10!! and please name the others!
12. WinC76 posted on 19 Dec 2012, 19:43 3 1
Here are most of the companies:
17. MC1123 posted on 19 Dec 2012, 21:54 1 0
yeah... but i think nokia has enough camera patents..but still they need to be there!!
what the heck is huawei doing there!
and what is shutterfly?
19. WinC76 posted on 19 Dec 2012, 22:19 0 0
Not only that, since Microsoft is there, they don't really need them camera patents.
Huawei's there for the same reason as everyone else.
Shutterfly is some online photo service.
18. MC1123 posted on 19 Dec 2012, 21:58 1 1
together we climb to the top of the world
We can be what we what for the world to see
We are the children of yesterday's dream...
but its not just apple and google...
PA just want to make some drama!
22. jroc74 posted on 20 Dec 2012, 00:22 0 0
You have to admit this is good drama tho...lol. Those 2 seen as working together? Thats a good thing to me.
21. pankajgupta posted on 20 Dec 2012, 00:01 3 0
Here is the list of all the companies:
Fujifilm Holdings Corp.,
HTC Corp. and
All major mobile players except Sony and Nokia.
Nokia i believe will be saved by its liason with MS.
26. darac posted on 20 Dec 2012, 03:39 0 0
So, one has ~ 45 billion cash pile while other has 110 billion, and they team up to buy 500 million worth of patents.
Makes sense not