Google wins one for open standards: Microsoft to adopt DAV
0. phoneArena 21 Jan 2013, 16:16 posted on
This one was something of a mess. It started just before the holidays, when Google announced that it would be stopping Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync support for new free users, and would only accept new paid enterprise users for support. Microsoft was surprised by the move, and lashed out, but now the tech giant is yielding, and will adopt the DAV open standard...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. thunderbolt (Posts: 76; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
Beggars can't be choosers as the saying goes. MS is helpless ...
20. MeoCao (unregistered)
the only language that MS understands: force, brutal force.
39. jsdechavez (Posts: 731; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
MS better hurry up. They better not ruin the gaining momentum of Windows Phone.
42. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Google fights for us, for freedom....Microsoft just abuse its monopoly....get rid of that briber = Microsoft
47. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
so translator, maps, codecs, standards for free from Google is nothing and thanks to that lower prices of h264 and other SW is still nothing?
Android for free to everyone is nothing?
if you think properly it helps us even for freedom
you are not pushed to use his services ;)
49. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Yes m8, it is all free, moneywhise, but you pay a price for it all nonetheless... google knows all there is to know about you, where you eat, where you sleep, what you like, dont like, for example which xxx sites you wisit andso on. So what you save in cash you loose in privacy, and for some people that is just unacceptable. So i say who cares about gCrap...
51. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
yes....all that serve for ad business.....whats wrong? you are not pushed ;)
54. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Indeed i am not, thats why i try to avoid google wherever i can.
52. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
That's just BS.
I'm not idealizing Google, but they are surely by far better company than Microsoft.
Only a blind ignorant hater will think otherwise
55. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Better? Dude i am a fan of windows phone cos i like the experience more than the others, and am not for a single second fooled into thinking a company the size of google or msoft or apple is "good". Why? They are after your money, one way or the other, so that cant make them good.
2. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Haha MS forced to use an open standard.
And if MS is still wondering why Google won't give them any 1st class status on YouTube, just remind them who setup scroogled.com.
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Open standards are against MS' DNA. Every one of the developers MS assigns to CalDAV and CardDAV will have to be isolated completely (as in separate work areas and what-not) from their non-open colleagues. MS can't have open sh*t going and contaminating the rest of MS' crew.
9. papss (unregistered)
How the hell do you know that? Or are you just spewing fanboy comments?
11. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Maybe in the past it was, but they are forced to go more open standards due to competition, not out of their free will.
Just read the MS halloween documents/emails if you want proof.
3. Shino (banned) (Posts: 196; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Wow, that's a big deal, really....bhahaha! It's Giggle who lose clients, because anyone who uses Win or WinPhone has a variety of choices for e-mail, inlcuding the most popular - hotmail/outlook. So this is a coward move from Giggle, but...we all know that if MS gains speed fast enough - bye, bye ads money from Handroid :)
7. champ_vl (Posts: 44; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
Your lack of intelligence made me laugh. Thank you
53. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I notice a trend actually.
Most of those cheering for Microsoft just look like plain idiots..which makes sense, when you think about it
19. joey_sfb (Posts: 5809; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
M$ could ask for more money from the likes of Shino.
I am 100% for open standard because it level the playing field. Any one or company will good idea could implement solution make better product free from the harassment from old greedy corporation.
58. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
so u actually mean that BMW M5 should come free not for price but when u drive ads popup on ur screen all day :D
no one runs for free who is gonna pay for employees and bills and taxes googles compromizes ur privacy MS takes your money its not all that bad only you should know what you want to compromize.
its not good forcing same s**t on everyone not MS nor google. First MS use to do it now Google is doing same evil thing.
only change is people are now more dumb then before their phones are smart but they are not. half of people knows google gives free service but dont know how they make money then.
16. T.R.O.L.L (banned) (Posts: 51; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
He hates Google and Android, he's a Apple and WP fanboy.
21. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
"most popular - hotmail/outlook"
I did not know that....
50. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Now you know, msoft owns 35% of the email clients market with hotmail and outlook, while gmail has 9%...
4. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
No troubles at all. Never use Google stuff besides Youtube, which is sad they have monopoly over. To the point, MS have everything I need, simple, secure, and more private.