Google uses the power of open-source to create exploit fix for Android
0. phoneArena 27 Mar 2012, 15:54 posted on
Italian researchers recently uncovered a pretty big exploit that affected all versions of the Android system, which allowed for Denial of Service (DoS) attacks to be carried out. The researchers also created a fix for said...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. NOKIA.8800.ARTE (Posts: 100; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
Good luck to it. android will be fixed properly...
Yes good news...
2. theBankRobber (Posts: 673; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Probably almost all android devices have this issue, But at least Google isn't pointing the fingers at their customers. Who's knows how this could be getting into our devices.
3. Gusto (Posts: 28; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
It would be nice if Google started to invest in the University that discovered the bug.
4. Zayuh24 (Posts: 149; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I bet the carriers won't even allow this update on all their android devices, similar to many major updates that improve the overall performance of phones. If it's a universal code, it should be applied to ALL phones, but carriers choose which and when updates happen.
5. redrooster13 (Posts: 107; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
now google needs to release it to the rom developers.
6. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I gave everyone a thumbs up on here as we have some iDIOT in secret thumbing all posts down....