Google to show off more Google TV boxes at CES with voice command and PrimeTime
1. BattleBrat (Posts: 890; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I have a sony integrated Google TV, and there are NO APPS! The interface is clunky and cumbersome. I prefer what Archos has just announced, THAT'S Google TV
2. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 813; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
"cable companies (for some reason) are allowed to ban 3rd parties from making compatible set-top boxes (which seems like an issue the government may want to look into)."
Best point in this whole article. Its amazing what they let these companies get away with. The boxes for cablevision are horrible and expensive to rent with the service.
3. andro. (Posts: 1927; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I think its best Google go along the lines of 'archos TV connect'. This is the best way to get Google TV into every house hold and available on every TV old or new. Just make the device with cutting edge spec and the usual extremely competitive nexus ranging price and you have a winner
4. Tsoliades (Posts: 185; Member since: 22 Dec 2012)
If they made a Google TV with Nexus Q features and put it in the body of a Nexus Q, I'd be at Best Buy the next day.
Come on Google, make me proud.
5. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5664; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Thats vizio michael you forgot the z. It vizio not visio. Just to let u know.
7. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2614; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Fixed! Thanks for the kind correction.
6. papss (Posts: 3458; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
So far I've tried both apple and google tv.. Both in the state that they are in are terrible and there's no way I would change from TW unless they can provide what I need as far as programming goes.. The idea is there but not executed very well..
8. DigitalMD (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Feb 2010)
Without content , there is no sale, no matter how gee-wiz and high spec. it is. The cable companies don;t have much in the way of content either, but they have a monopoly.
9. HTCOE (Posts: 344; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
i have a google tv and it's cool wish it had more apps but i enjoy it's use though. it has a lot of potential and that nexus q integration idea sounds like a bright idea
10. techloverNYC (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Google tv sounds nice but there is no apps to run it. And alot of ppl like me who bought flat screen tvs in the recent years sees no reason to update, not to mention also the high price tags.
Hope google tv dont become a bust like 3D Tv