Google to purchase Frommer's, wants to boost its travel and local search
0. phoneArena 13 Aug 2012, 12:43 posted on
The WSJ reports that Google is purchasing a maker of popular travel guides, most likely to help pad out content for travel searches, hotel ratings, and more...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5987; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
The battle between Google and Apple continues.... Apple partners with Yelp; Google buys Zagat and now Frommers.
3. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
the only difference is that Google knows how to choose partners...
8. joey_sfb (Posts: 3728; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Plus Google don keep service exclusive to Android, they share it with all available platforms. Which is good.
All the apps and service Apple bought over are now an iOS exclusive.
4. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lol as soon as i saw fromers in the title i thought of eurotrip. what a funny movie
and in other news.... you made out with your sister! lol
5. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
But didn't Apple ban local search?
ahahahaha get it I made a funny
6. matrix_neo (Posts: 326; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Android users will be the first to benefit from this acquisition. Google now will expand it's horizon, improve it's search results, and another threat to Apple's siri. This is good for travel enthusiast and businessmen as well, no need to rely on their laptops, if they have android smartphone or tablet, they can obtain first hand information. A lot of people hates google but they never take into consideration google has already made an impact in their lives. Google search is widely used search engine, and mostly the first web page when they opened their browsers.
7. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
woah Google is taking over the world. AWESOME :D!!! keep up the good services coming.