Google to open stores just to sell Google Glass?
0. phoneArena 07 May 2013, 19:06 posted on
Rumors are now circulating that Google plans on opening retail stores that will sell nothing but Google Glass and also help buyers set up and learn how to use their specs which have to be customized to fit each user; Google recently hired support staff that will act as advisers to help those developers who purchased the Explorer edition of Google Glass as well as those who won the device in the #IfIHadGlass contest...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
GOOGLE + ANDROID = FTW™
Everyone will wear this for the latest style®
3. mydi.maus (unregistered)
useless, why not sell phones,tablets/laptops too..
10. Dingy_cellar_dweller (Posts: 178; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I suspect that in the beginning they will only sell the glasses and then add phones and tablets one by one.
15. lyndon420 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
No it's not useless. These people spent $1500 on these things so getting some decent hands on customer service will go far when it comes to retention. Once Google has a better grasp with retail they more than likely will offer more products.
4. joeymk (Posts: 100; Member since: 26 Jan 2012)
I will wait for the 3th generation. Reviews not so good for this generation
5. grahaman27 (Posts: 234; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
I guess you dont like the reviews for the second generation either? lol
7. joeymk (Posts: 100; Member since: 26 Jan 2012)
No the second generation will have google ads, in the third generation they will remove them lol.
9. Fluxman (Posts: 40; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
You're right. It's important to seriously consider reviews of a developer prototype unit...
6. HASHTAG (unregistered)
I think most people would just go in the stores to try them out, not buy it. And hopefully they'll have some kind of financing options, and they definitely should sell their other products as well; especially if it's going to be an actual store and not an outlet.
11. MyJobSux (Posts: 71; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
They will go to the store to try them out then go home and order it off Amazon.com for a discounted price, HAHA!
8. Hallucinator (Posts: 338; Member since: 24 May 2010)
This seems like a late April Fools Day Joke. These stores would be out of business relatively quick.
12. MyJobSux (Posts: 71; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
So if you already wear glasses, do they have a unit to clip onto them or do you have to have lenses fit to the Google Glass frames?
14. fanboy1974 (Posts: 995; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I wouldn't be surprised if Google offers a prescription clip on. Similar to the tinted shade option.
Scroll down to see the picture.
13. kozza3 (Posts: 573; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
can't wait for the version that they install into your skull
18. Mobilephile (Posts: 65; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
These stores selling augmented reality heads up displays, its the future unfolding right before our eyes.
19. manoj7878 (Posts: 7; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Smartphonecashin definitely pays the highest values from all the cell phone trade-in programs.