Google to launch second-gen Nexus 7 in July
0. phoneArena 03 Apr 2013, 01:29 posted on
Google will launch the second generation of its Nexus 7 tablet around July and it will run on a Qualcomm Snapdragon chip...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 258; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Tablet rear camera is a pointless feature imho. Who owns a tablet at 99% owns a phone with a camera that is at 99% better than any tablet camera. Not many Augmented reality features around, so I'd prefer no rear cam and cheaper price.
14. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
I agree. By the time Augmented Reality will have a reliable, strong presence, something like Google Glass or an equivalent from another company will utilize it in a much more natural intuitive manner.
24. Mobilephile (Posts: 86; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
I WANT a good camera in the back, if I choose to use it. Its the only feature missing to it being a full fledged device
31. geodude074 (Posts: 67; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
I have a camera on the back of my Nexus 10.
I can count on one hand how many times I've used it.
32. pellegrini (Posts: 83; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
I own a nexus 7 and I don't really miss the camera in the back.
No tablet can compete with it in terms of features per money, IMO at least.
I'm really excited to see the next generation.
Just to point some of my expectations:
- That silver bezel made of metal would be great;
- A thinner bezel, it would make it even easier to put in your pocket;
- Everybody likes more battery
- 2 GB of RAM, 1GB isn't enough for the multi-user feature (one of the best features of JB)
Anyway, I'm sure that the next N7 will be as great as the first.
5. Technobri (Posts: 78; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Lol..i knew they would announce this just days after i got a nexus 7...oh well ..its an excellent device and if the new nexus is just a minor improvement than ill stick with the original
7. _Bone_ (Posts: 2140; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Too bad it's not a Nexus 8, which is the perfect size.
8. cezarepc (Posts: 610; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
I have a Nexus 7 and the only thing I'm wishing for is a 2GB ram.
13. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1009; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
i agree. other than that I love my Nexus 7
15. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Shocking as it sounds I'm already pushing the limits of the 2gb of ram I have on my device. I have a bad habit of running 10+ tabs etc.
Support for ram past 2gb won't happen with ARM-based devices until late 2014 at the earliest when Cortex a53/a57 with 64-bit support comes.
Unless Intel beats ARM in introducing 64-bit computing to their Atom line, all mobile flagships will be flatlining at 2gb this year and the next.
23. downphoenix (Posts: 2416; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I thought 32 bit CPUs could utilize up to 4GB of ram. I know most computer games for instance are still programmed for 32 bit and the max ram they will use is 4GB.
16. terabyteRouser (Posts: 452; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I'm probably going to buy this device.
17. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
I want a 1080p screen, a large jump in ppi, and an increase in RAM. If I can't get those 3 things, I'll stick with my current N7.
19. Tux_Alan (Posts: 74; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
The nexus 7 is an affordable desivned for masses, not a high-end device so I doubt that emphasis will be put on display prowess!
29. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
It has 1GB RAM, a Tegra 3, good ppi, and a 720p display and you're saying it's not a "high-end" device? You, sir, are an idiot.
21. geodude074 (Posts: 67; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Samsung already makes a device with 1600p, 300 ppi, 2GB of RAM, and nearly twice the screen surface area of the Nexus 7...
It's called the Nexus 10.
30. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
And if I wanted a 10" tablet, I would get the N10.
It's called 'preference.'
20. valapsp (Posts: 484; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
I sold my nexus 7 a minute ago in favor of the new one.
25. GTR722 (Posts: 241; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
Put that thing in Amazon or Newegg at launch Google...you are loosing a huge latin american market with your "only play store" thing
26. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
RIP Galaxy Note 8.0
27. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
When it comes to tablet I will go for ASUS not SAMSUNG!
28. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Someone really cares about poor people ! :)