Google to hold Android event in the Big Apple on October 29th, possibly to introduce the LG Nexus 4
0. phoneArena 17 Oct 2012, 21:13 posted on
October 29th is going to be quite a day with a Windows Phone 8 event scheduled for San Francisco while Google has just announced its own event to be held in the Big Apple with speculation that the LG Nexus 4 will be introduced along with the Sony Nexus X...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5633; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the LG Nexus and Android 4.2 will definitely be present and the 32GB Nexus 7 will probably rear it's head but what else will be present i wonder...Nexus Program Details? More Nexus Devices? a revamped Nexus Q?
6. Donforreal (Posts: 40; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
My Nexus Q is sitting there just waiting for an update...
20. Kjayhawk (Posts: 291; Member since: 07 Oct 2010)
The truth is the Nexus Q needs a serious price cut. Also I was a bit surprised with it being announced why didn't they simply release a nexus version of Google TV and just give it all the abilities of a Nexus Q... I mean then it defiantly would have been worth the price tag
28. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 365; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Google will introduce LG Nexus with 4.1.2 & not 4.2.The version 4.2 will come at Google I/O 2013 with Samsung 10 inch high resolution tablet,because 4.2 is a major update over 4.1(released 4 months ago).I have noticed one thing about Google and Apple desperately launching their products before MS products release date.Are they afraid of Redmond giant to steal the market share?
40. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5633; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
that's mightily speculative. 4.1.2 is out now and it's not the same as the LG Nexus System Dumps going around and 4.2 doesn't necessarily have to make it a major upgrade, in fact i think it'll still be Jelly Bean much like when the Original Droid launched with Android 2.0 Eclair and then the Nexus One came out a few short months later with Android 2.1 Eclair. it's likely just the second half of what Jelly Bean is supposed to be which is an underlying performance tweaker with Project Butter and Project Roadrunner.
34. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1095; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
All being said and done the pricing of the Nexus on contract and unlocked has to be spot on. Nexus cant afford to go the way of other manufacturer flagships! I think the unlocked version at US $ 450 wouldn't be a bad price.
Hey where are the other Nexi???
37. Retro-touch (Posts: 263; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Imagine how well it would sell if the unlocked version of LG Nexus with 16GB was sold for $350 it would be too good of a deal to pass up for most and naturally the price of Galaxy Nexus would have to drop
2. lonestrider (Posts: 85; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
It would be amazing if iOS, WP, Android, and BB is announcing their new device(s) or software in a same time!
3. Savage (unregistered)
Please make a good Nexus LG. With storage options of course.
4. jan25 (Posts: 416; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
i can almost bet that there will only be one Nexus phone this year. either way, the Nexus 4 rumored specs don't disappoint me.
5. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4100; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The date is set. I will be in school, but I'll check in ever so often. Please don't disappoint us LG, and if you do, please let Google have another Nexus option for us.
7. VJo003 (Posts: 334; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
Android taking over the Big APPLE
Hahahahaha.... Go Android
8. roldefol (Posts: 3083; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
That Sony mock-up was a joke. I'm only expecting the Nexus 4. That's plenty of excitement...so long as they announce LTE versions! I can't see how they can announce a phone in New York in 2012 that does not offer 4G.
Heck, the phone even has 4 in the name. (insert iPhone snark here)
9. -box- (Posts: 3854; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
These same-day announcements aren't healthy. The Motorola announcement was lost in the excitement of the Nokia 920 and 820 announcement, and who knows how this will turn out?
11. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4100; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I agree. The Nexus event should be a week early. You know, for convenience.
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5633; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i thought it was the other way around... xD
10. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
let the games begin....
19. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
wow which one to get....?
23. at_newsolavei (Posts: 10; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
HOPE FULL ITS THE NEXT NEXEN...... @newsolavei
30. shuaibhere (Posts: 1652; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Waiting for customisation centre!!!!!!!!!
31. crankyd00d (Posts: 191; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
"Google has opened up the Nexus brandimg to any OEM that can produce hardware that conforms to certain standards". Has this been confirmed? You make it sound as a matter of fact
46. cretinick (Posts: 147; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
I think we will know if this is true only at the October 29th event.
But I have a feeling that this plan will remain in the fridge... Or, if it is true, and be announced at the event will only be implemented in the next release of Nexus devices, in late 2013