Google to discontinue Gmail app for BlackBerry this month
0. phoneArena 09 Nov 2011, 06:28 posted on
The official Gmail application for BlackBerry handsets will no longer be supported after November 22. That is what Google officially announced on its Google Apps blog. Those who have it already installed may...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
Google should make all their mobile apps exclusive to Android.
10. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Its not their stile, google is all about getting customers even if they use android or not, limiting stuff hurts their ecosystem
12. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
maybe as of today its not their style, but sooner or later it will..
14. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4526; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Wow this is a very dubious sign for Black Berry. Things are NOT well at the RIM camp. This is not good, not good at all. Poor RIM/Black Berry. :-(
15. JonnyV (Posts: 17; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Do you honestly want Google to go the same route as Apple? I would be saddened if Google were to ever take this approach.
2. drahmad (Posts: 480; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
because blackberry is a falling competitor now and they have sprinkled some more fuel over the fire...
3. c.hack (Posts: 523; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Google should only support ICS at 720 resolution. No more GB or Froyo or 2.1 or Eclair or Donut support! And no more qHD or 480x854 or 320x480 or 480x800. To heck with Honeycomb too - its a failed platform. Woah - sorry about tossing the frag grenade and my condolences to the devs that have to support dozens of differing Androids.
4. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
C.Hack.. so because google is not supporting 1 app on 1 platform because it's switching its focus to a web based content delivery, it should stop supporting all of its own products too?? umm..??
6. abdane (Posts: 480; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
i always love your comments ! ^_^ at each post i keep searching what you say to haters XP
11. c.hack (Posts: 523; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Yes. The gmail widget on Honeycomb has never worked - so abandon HC. Can't get gmail to work on iOS so forget that. Froyo and older are obsolete... It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Google can't write a decent app to save their lives. They should have stuck to search.
17. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
works fine for me, i just used it.. works fine on my phone too.
They arent obsolete at all. Froyo phones work the same today as they did yesterday.. and the day before. Most people dont even care about the updates as long as it works. Is froyo missing a feature or 2 from gingerbread? yes. Does that make it junk? absolutely not.
I guess you have never used google maps, search, or any of a thousand apps that are based on google code even if they arent written directly by google.
Im still trying to find your valid point. Can you help me?
19. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Point in case, i choose to run a froyo rom for the last 2 months on my phone. Are you saying MY phone is junk?? lol
9. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
google will be focusing on their google phones rather than supporting other phone companies that are falling... sooner or later... they will not support iphone... right???
13. hunted (Posts: 371; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
Google cant do this. They should not make apps only for their os, this will result in frustration for other OS users. Google took over Symbian and if google do this, who knows there maybe some os to kick out Android. I'm a android boy too, so google please dont do this. We need you
16. iHateCrapple (Posts: 734; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
Way to kick 'em when their down! Bastards...
20. sinple (Posts: 123; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
there is no other third party email apps on BB that this is a big deal? pardon me, i don use BB
21. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Sorry RIM. Im thinking it is over.
22. downphoenix (Posts: 2553; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I dont remember needing a gmail app to access my gmail on the blackberry 8530 I had. I hate the way blackberry phones work, but my email worked just fine without an app, so I guess I dont understand what the big deal is. Is gmail not gonna come through that method anymore.