Google stock surges over $900 for the first time, company beats Microsoft in market cap
This brings Google’s market capitalization to over $300 billion, and this figure starts to look close to the market cap of the world’s biggest tech company, Apple.
Google’s price to earnings ratio however is worse than Apple’s. Google has a P/E margin of around 27 while Apple’s one is only around 10.
But Apple is not the only rival we have to mention. With this recent share value surge Google has beaten Microsoft in terms of total market cap. Google’s current $300 billion are more than Microsoft’s market cap of $281 billion.
Those share evaluations are extremely volatile and unpredictable, though, and with Google I/O kicking off in hours we wouldn’t be surprise to see them change again rapidly. Stay tuned!
1. funnyguy2 (banned) (Posts: 34; Member since: 14 May 2013)
Money talk and bulls**t walk ....
2. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1304; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
i suppose it will be over one grand after google i/o
google = best company in the world
4. tech2 (Posts: 1136; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
lol.......Mxy is thumbing everyone down ! :D
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5155; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Interesting how a company that MS once tried to acquire is now worth more than MS....
6. SuperNexus (Posts: 111; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Awesome! I hope Google become the world first trillion dollar
7. funnyguy2 (banned) (Posts: 34; Member since: 14 May 2013)
And is assume you will get 2% .....?
Why you are so happy about it?
Why does it matter?
8. SuperNexus (Posts: 111; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
The same reason when normal people fell good or happy when their country win in sports?
Google is my Favorite company. That's all.
15. SuperNexus (Posts: 111; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Yeah! I respect Google.
Too many thumbs down....look like Microsoft fans are really pissed off. hahaha
10. Shrihari (Posts: 79; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
all i wanted was google to beat apple....its done...now my expectations from google is to reach the 1000$ position....come on google you can do it
11. Ninetysix (Posts: 1010; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
What goes up must come down.
― Isaac Newton
13. funnyguy2 (banned) (Posts: 34; Member since: 14 May 2013)
Isaac Newton is Dead and so is Apple....
16. jroc74 (Posts: 3628; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
One of the .....few....maybe only.....times I will agree with you.
At the same time...I remember many Apple, iPhone fans gloating when Apple was $700 a share. In that same time span since then, Apple has dropped a few hundred and Google has kept going up.
But you are absolutely right... I WISH I woulda get some Google shares back in the late 1990's. Had a chance to and didnt.
12. chocolaking (Posts: 421; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Keep rising!!! keep rising!!! :D!!!
gonna sell it right now!
14. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5472; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
All MS is doing is sitting there collecting profits from android when they aren't making profit from WP8.