Google shuts down YouTube after it fulfills its mission
0. phoneArena 31 Mar 2013, 18:57 posted on
It turns out that YouTube hasn't been designed to deliver cat videos to us, but rather it has had a bigger mission. YouTube has actually been a contest to find the greatest video of all time. Now, almost 8 years after its launch, Google is shutting down YouTube, and it will choose the winning video tomorrow at midnight...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
google rocks. google nose is the best one.
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 14737; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
This is the best! Kudos to el goog for this one LMAOOOOO! I was about to sad as hell that YouTube was shutting down.
15. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Same here man!
'O s**t!' was my initial reaction. I actually forgot it was 1st of April and took the headline seriously until i came to the 2nd paragraph.
Daaayyuuum! They got me.
4. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Awhhh Fu*k you Google for this one! You got me! Lol.
7. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Somebody's on a negative spree today.
5. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I'm wondering how big their servers are, and what amount of data storage do they use?
10. lyndon420 (Posts: 2706; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I Googled it for you, but I came across so much information that you may find interesting, you'd be better off doing your own search. Remember...if you have a question, just ask Google.
6. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5993; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
You know what I'll admit, thus was funny. Almost had me there for a minute.
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9723; Member since: 14 May 2012)
See, Google's a great company. Funny April Fool's video.
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
How dare you Youtube? I was about to bang my head on the wall when hearing this! Anyway, April Fools! You got me! :P
11. cybervlad81 (Posts: 84; Member since: 04 Apr 2011)
There is another youtube joke.http://www.youtube.com/theyout
oh looks like last years.
13. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
With the way Google conducts it's Spring cleanings you never know... this could be real someday!
14. iluvsmartphonexpdx (Posts: 48; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
GOOGLE BEST COMPANY IN THE WORLD!!!
16. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
I wounder why they didn't mention a google glass win instead of $500 and mp3 player. That would be a good advertisement along the way.
Thank GOD it's Fools day because youtube is very important to me otherwise how can we watch jhon V exclusive phone reviews :)
17. downphoenix (Posts: 2687; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
actually the prank said they needed 10 years to find the best video and will relaunch Youtube in 2023 featuring just the best video.