Google sells Motorola Mobility Home, the set-top box division for $2.35 billion to Arris
0. phoneArena posted on 20 Dec 2012, 06:10
Google bought Motorola Mobility for $12.5 billion in what was probably the biggest tech deal of 2012, but while it was clear that the search giant is looking to strengthen…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. _Bone_ posted on 20 Dec 2012, 06:32 0 0
Billions flying around like nothing. Never even heard of the competing companies.
2. jroc74 posted on 20 Dec 2012, 07:22 0 0
I have heard of Arris. I think I had a modem by them. I thought Google woulda kept this for putting Google TV in cable boxes... Oh well.
3. protozeloz posted on 20 Dec 2012, 07:31 2 1
Yeah, I tough that too, was a bit dumb on their side
4. dragonscourgex posted on 20 Dec 2012, 08:00 1 1
Ya, I was also hoping Google would have held onto this. Would have given them away to extend their foot print into the home entertainment field. A box running android, leaked with the Google Play store and your account.
5. gwuhua1984 posted on 20 Dec 2012, 10:15 1 0
Good for Arris... now give me port forwarding option in my cable modem please...