Google sells Motorola Mobility Home, the set-top box division for $2.35 billion to Arris
0. phoneArena 20 Dec 2012, 06:10 posted on
Google bought Motorola Mobility for $12.5 billion in what was probably the biggest tech deal of 2012, but while it was clear that the search giant is looking to strengthen…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 1751; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Billions flying around like nothing. Never even heard of the competing companies.
2. jroc74 (Posts: 3459; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I have heard of Arris. I think I had a modem by them. I thought Google woulda kept this for putting Google TV in cable boxes... Oh well.
3. protozeloz (Posts: 5189; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Yeah, I tough that too, was a bit dumb on their side
4. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Ya, I was also hoping Google would have held onto this. Would have given them away to extend their foot print into the home entertainment field. A box running android, leaked with the Google Play store and your account.
5. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Good for Arris... now give me port forwarding option in my cable modem please...