Google selects the 8,000 Google Glass winners
0. phoneArena 26 Mar 2013, 22:47 posted on
Google has started informing the 8,000 winners of its Google Glass contest that required contestants to write a 50 word essay explaining how they would use the device; the essay was sent out over Twitter or Google+ under the hashtag #ifihadGlass; the winners will be each given the opportunity to spend $1,500 for a test version of Glass...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. HASHTAG (Posts: 384; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
I don't know how much excitement I would get in having to pay $1500 for something by winning a contest. I just wonder how well is Google Glass going to well once it's available to the public.
2. quakan (Posts: 990; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I read the title and thought "Oh man, how lucky are they!", but then I actually read the article and saw that it really meant "Congratulations, we'll let you be the first to give us $1,500!". I guess it'll still be a cool experience for those who have the cash.
3. nexus718 (Posts: 7; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
Well that was a quick way to make 12 million dollars
4. jaytai0106 (Posts: 490; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Yay I won and I have to pay for my prize now... Kind of stupid way to award the prizes Google...
5. lovenyc8 (Posts: 164; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
it should be free thats why its a contest LOL
6. Aeires (unregistered)
Sounds like being on a waiting list to buy a limited edition Porsche, not everyone gets one but the people who do definitely have to pay up.
7. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
"Congratulations! You won the opportunity to spend a ton of money! Call within the next 5mins to create a hole in your bank account!"
8. Truth (Posts: 56; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
Those whom entered in the contest knew they were competing to win the opportunity to purchase a device. It wasn't for free. The previous comments are stupid. Read the contest rules idiots.
I entered a contest for Jordan 11 breds at House of Hoops and won. Oh wait I have to exchange money for the shoes now?
Get out of here f**k tards.
U mad bro?
10. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 156; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
"Get out of here f**k tards. U mad bro?"
Ohhhhhhhhh the irony! =D
Quit your pissy childish rant.
9. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 156; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
8000 x $1,500 = $12,000,000
Looks like Google is the real winner of this contest...