Google said to be working on Android 4.3 for Google I/O, another Jelly Bean build
0. phoneArena 27 Apr 2013, 12:52 posted on
Android 4.3 has started to show up on server logs indicating that the next version of Android, which will be unwrapped at next month's Google I/O developer event, will be Android 4.3, not Android 5.0 as expected; to make matters worse, this will merely be another build of Jelly Bean instead of the Key Lime Pie build that was expected...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
O, so this is the supposed to be rumored KLP coming in Q2. Well, disappointed with the news, yet...something is better than nothing. That being said, i wonder what new stuff are ready to be presented with the 4.3.
8. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
There is something I don't get. Last year ppl were complaining about google pushing too many updates every yer while only the manority has the latest Android OS on their device. This year ppl are complaining that google should release 5.0, what is it that we really want? Like honestly, or we just luv complaining. Whatever google does, we complain.
14. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I think the main reason behind that is the way Google pushed JB even before some high end device got ICS on them.
When a new device was released most reviewer/people say something like, "Sadly, the device comes with an old version of Android" even when ICS is not a year old. ICS quickly became passé...because of the quick release of JB.
16. Feanor (Posts: 310; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
I don't get this either. And I personally believe that a slow down will do good to poor manufacturers that are sweating trying to catch up with android updates and it can also let google to take some time to refine their releases even further. For the moment Jelly Bean is more than enough for me. I don't need new software every 3 months.
19. imkyle (Posts: 1007; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
New features are always appreciated too :)
24. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
i agree better optimization and make it less resource heavy. less eye bling and better coding.
i want to see the camera app open as soon as i press the app. i would like to see better camera app optimization and better coding for efficient use of battery.
27. AFnerdTP (Posts: 85; Member since: 15 May 2012)
yes.. as good and stable as JB is, i don't see the problem with making the current version better. until they can come up with something even smoother & responsive in the next major release.
15. gustavoace (Posts: 99; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
And this is actually a rumor... I remember to see photos of a Nexus S running Android 2.4 (leak from Germany as far as I remember). Well... we never had a 2.4 Android, so this maybe is just some intermediate version of something bigger.
3. MikeG77 (Posts: 373; Member since: 24 Nov 2008)
Let me just say screw the hardhware partneres. If there so mad about possibly being one generation behind they need to step it up and be more forceful with the carriers and stop pumping out device after device. I really hope they release a new device like the X phone but if KLP comes out and my Verizon Nexus gets it ill be satisfied.
10. StalkinUrMom (Posts: 110; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
It's bulls**t. I bought a Nexus 4 and a Nexus 7 so I would never have to worry about stupid manufacturer or carrier delays on updates, yet here they are holding back progress.
13. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Well, yes, you need not worry about updates. But the Nexus' you have are made by LG and ASUS, so on the manufacturer part, it's them.
4. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wait a minute, I was daydreaming about Android 4.3 just now, I'm serious!
How dare you Google! I'm gonna sue Google!
Nope, just kidding, but I was daydreaming about Android 4.3 just now, I thought it will be impossible...........oh my god... I can't believe it!
But as always, I'm excited! But that was a bit disappointing though, they should not delay KLP, it should be unwrapped in Google I/O!
5. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Maybe this 4.3 is next major update i.e Key pie lime, because Android 2.3 was Gingerbread, which was major upgrade to Android 2.2 Froyo......... So Maybe this time also it's same case.........
20. grahaman27 (Posts: 347; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
its never consistant, I would think they would save the "buzz word" name upgrades for the major versions eg 4.x-5.x
my guess is 4.3 jelly bean or NOTHING at all comes to IO.
6. king_of_lions (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Apr 2013)
Desert?!?! Really? Who in their right mind would order an entire area of sand?! Me thinks the word you were looking for, Alan F., is DESSERT. Not a dry, barren area of land. Grammar check much? Anywho, looking forward to any update Android throws my way.
34. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Not the first time. That's his style :)
7. james1 (Posts: 92; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
google shouldn't care about manufactures. It's not google's fault, it's the manufactures not working hard to update their phones. I hope KLP is still being revealed at Google I/O!
9. BesnikRrustemi (Posts: 44; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
for my opinion i dont really care if it is Key lime pie or 4.3 Jelly Bean,i care about the output of the update:
Performance & Battery life Improvements
im sure that whatever number or name they put on it,its GOOGLE.so there`s no doubt about it.it will be innovative and cool.
11. dorianb (Posts: 410; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I would be happy with 4.3 pushing out, & an announcement that KLP will drop by the holidays (Oct.-Nov.). Include some new hardware N7(2), refresh on N4, & promise next phone with previously mentioned KLP & ship date.
I know Google doesn't announce too far out. So new tablet & 4.3 will suffice. Just so long as another real phone (not refresh) appears by year end.
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5620; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'd happily accept the next version being 4.3 JB. i mean it's not like it's going to disappoint us feature-wise, we'll just be getting an even more refined version of the great way the OS is now and to risk sounding like an iOS fanboy that's really okay with me but i do think a major revision will be due pretty soonish and on a side note i bet Google is pretty pissed at hardware manufacturers for their lack of updating progress. they really need to crack down on those guys.
17. DKMDROID (Posts: 102; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
I think this is the first time im truly disappointed with an article about google they starting to sound like apple with the infinite incremental updates both hardware(nexus 4) and software wise
33. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Give them 80% market share and they will become worse than Apple + M$ combined
18. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 243; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
Omg PhoneArena, 5.0 Key Lime Pie probably is going to be launched with the next Nexus phone...
21. tadaa (Posts: 250; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
You still believe in that 'lg megalodon'? Doesn't the codename sound suspicious already?
25. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I don't get it, how does 'LG Megalodon' sound suspicious, it is a codename!
What about 'Xperia Togari'?? Does it sound suspicious to you? No right?
26. tadaa (Posts: 250; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
megalodon? sounds like a power rangers villain. plus it was debunked shortly after it supposedly leaked out
28. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
That's why it's called "codename", they can name it whatever they like, they can even name it 'LG Darth Vader'.
29. tadaa (Posts: 250; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
codenames usually have some sort of meaning in relation to the phone. remember the nozomi and hayabusa? high speed trains that sony chose for the xperia s and tx. megalodon sounds like it came from a 5 year old.
30. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Megalodon is an extinct species of shark that lived approximately 28 to 1.5 million years ago, during the Cenozoic Era (late Oligocene to early Pleistocene).
Megalodon sounds like it came from a 5 year old? Are you sure?
Just go to Wikipedia.
36. tadaa (Posts: 250; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
My bad. But still, why believe in it? The rumored specs are near impossible to produce for this year.
37. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
It's RUMORED. It may be real, but it may be fake. We'll see.
22. scsa852k (Posts: 295; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
First we were supposed to be introduced to Nexus 5 and Motorola X packed with Key Lime Pie.
Then, It was just revealing of Key Lime Pie and Nexus 4 CDMA variant with LTE.
Now, it's just another jelly bean.....
23. protozeloz (Posts: 5378; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Crazy idea, what if klp would bring big changes to the UI again? Now what if 4.3 becomes a bridge? With the Motorola X on its way with the best snapdragon 800 and a superb camera, along with lots of new stuff...
I personally care more for Babel... At least for now but I'm saving for any Xphone and tablet that could pop in Google play after June
31. Darkerm (Posts: 157; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
I think Google should release a major OS update once in a Year So everybody can get it and they should focus on the Bugs and fix them.
32. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
KLP is reserved to be a party spoiler for iOS8x because even 4.3 would be far better than iOS 7x:)
35. JunitoNH (Posts: 930; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
The folks at Google are not stupid, obviously. This is Google's, Window Millenium, a filler. They just want to see the new features provided by iOS 7, so don't expect any KLP until the fall, or next year.