Google rumored to be buying WhatsApp for $1 billion
0. phoneArena 07 Apr 2013, 20:00 posted on
Anonymous sources close to the negotiations say that Google is close to buying messaging app WhatsApp for a cool $1 billion with an acquisition helping Google bring the rest of its messaging universe together and with Google supposedly working on a cross-platform system for sending messages, pictures and improved notifications between devices...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Wow... But isn't a billion dollars too Much?
22. AnTuTu (Posts: 1580; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Yes it is too much. I think its worth developing their own App.
40. saiki4116 (Posts: 388; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
Google will benefit from the existing subscriber base of What's app..
61. Abbath (Posts: 99; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Why start from scratch in the crowding world of similar apps
25. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
they will change some stuff in app and even name i guess.......!!!
34. omar300 (Posts: 209; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
google doesnt do that, they buy stuff for resource not for actual item.
55. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
let see what they do after own it......!!!
6. iushnt (Posts: 1749; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
Yaa apple have been doing this from the very beginning.. They innovated nothing, just bought licenses and companies and now other companies are doing the same way.. But it doesn't harm us.. :)
12. JunitoNH (Posts: 1854; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Bought is a strong word, give it another try.
13. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
1.Acquire (something) by paying for it; buy.
They bought it, but Google did work hard on developing it.
28. sifusky (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
you think Android could of been what they are today without Google? Doubt it.
30. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
I don't think that at all, I never said that. Google has done an amazing job at branding and developing Android.
36. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Apple was actually founded by guys who made things that others didn't. Google's past? Stolen technology and purchased technology. Take off the rose-colored glasses, dude, your boys at Google aren't miracle workers or saints. If they were, they wouldn't pay the least amount in taxes of any of the top U.S. technology corporations.
46. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Well the two original Google guy's created the largest simple search engine through carefully calculated mathematical equations. It's amazing how Google has come from a little search engine with a cute multicolored logo to one of the biggest technology companies on Earth. It's the new Microsoft.
47. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
And Stole whatever they couldn't buy ... for reasons not within their control.
38. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
More like,if you can't beat them. Buy Them!! xD
4. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Looks like the WP8 version will never be good. Not sure what this means for the bb10 version though. I wonder if they will rename it.
Google what's up? Or Google message? Or Google Messenger? Or Google SMS?
5. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
That's a large amount of money for WhatsApp, too much. If this is true, those developers must be happy. Very happy.
24. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
maybe unhappy for WP, because google are not allowing their apps on WP platform so if they buy whatsapp then for WP it's not good men.....!!! I hope google support their apps on WP soon.......!!! Evil Google, they r not seeing their users, but they r seeing WP users......!!!
35. hate_dc (Posts: 10; Member since: 26 Dec 2012)
bcuz window didnt bring also there apps in in play store...exmple microsoft office...and one more thing window the one who start the war by making news of malware in andriod os.
48. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
M$ pumping money into DELL to kill UBUNTU. Why not complain about that ?
52. GadgetsMcGoo (Posts: 168; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
WP could just put in a Virtual Machine to run Android apps. Problem solved. That could also put down another nail into Apple's iOS coffin. If every other mobile OS starts supporting Google Apps....
7. harsh_doshi (Posts: 36; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
if this happens ill gladly stop using whatsapp because I am sure it wont get updates on wp8(they don't see enough users) , on Symbian (a part time phone I still like it, and yes it still gets updates from whatsapp) and bb10 (not sure if they see users there) if they do buy it they would again make it only for just 2 platforms(ios and android). I am sorry but I am against this
14. JunitoNH (Posts: 1854; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
I don't believe this story. Just about everything this app can do, Google Voice can do better, much better. GV UI is cleaner and more refine. Moreover, the integration with Android offer for a better experience.