Google rolls out new Google Play logo, pulls it back
0. phoneArena 11 Sep 2013, 23:10 posted on
A couple days ago a slight redesign to the official Google logo was found in a Chrome Beta APK. Unfortunately, that didn't turn out to be something we'll see any time soon; but, that doesn't mean the Google design team isn't working on other projects. Today, Google started rolling out a change to the Google Play logo, which oddly chooses to remove the word "Play" completely...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
10. Ralston1983 (Posts: 65; Member since: 03 Feb 2011)
Look to the right of your screen. Just another page for them to collect advertising traffic
11. cdgm2509 (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Using adblock plus... didn't even know they had ads here
3. anglosaxonengland (Posts: 17; Member since: 11 Sep 2013)
Don't know why Google changed it to Google Play in the first place
9. marbovo (Posts: 621; Member since: 16 May 2013)
I think it is because google don´t want it to stay just on android and maybe roll out it to other sources
12. anglosaxonengland (Posts: 17; Member since: 11 Sep 2013)
I think google should have retained Android Market for apps and made the Google Play brand for music and video content.
7. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
my parents still call it android market place lol
8. Jayzee (Posts: 22; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
Google should just name the Play Store as "Play" it's more cleaner and simpler to say.