Google rolling out Android 4.2.2 to Nexus devices
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Feb 2013, 03:20
Android 4.2.2 has now started rolling out to the Nexus 10, Nexus 7 and the Galaxy Nexus, according to a few Reddit users who were the first to notice…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. _Bone_ posted on 12 Feb 2013, 03:33 0 12
Does such a small update come with a full system wipe or your apps and settings remain untouched?
2. cezarepc posted on 12 Feb 2013, 03:39 0 3
When I upgraded from 4.1 to 4.2 apps were untouched but some settings were messed up. ......and I still can't see the update.
3. syedzain posted on 12 Feb 2013, 04:07 0 0
nope it doesnt clean up ur apps.. or u can use a backup ... as far as i know, it wont ...
5. yowanvista posted on 12 Feb 2013, 05:07 0 0
Clear data from the google services framework then check for updates.
13. JGuinan007 posted on 12 Feb 2013, 16:03 0 0
OK I cleared Data from Google services Framework and checked for updates and no 4.2.2 says "Your system is up to date." last checked for update at 4:56pm and I still have 4.2.1 perhaps it will come tomorrow I can wait a few days nice to have a Nexus and know updates are comming
7. feres13 posted on 12 Feb 2013, 06:17 0 7
So even if it's a nexus the nexus 4(By LG) is still having late updates??
19. gmracer1 posted on 12 Feb 2013, 21:12 0 2
I like how he put "by LG" in parenthesis--as if there's another company that has made a Nexus 4.
Noobs, these days *shakes head*
21. feres13 posted on 13 Feb 2013, 06:52 0 0
I meant that LG phones are verry late when it comes to updates, the optimus G is launching with android 4.0.4, and even if they made a nexus, it didn't improve (just joking) and also, some people don't know that a nexus 4 is made by LG, they know that a galaxy is made by samsung, but someone who saw my nexus 4 told me "is that the new galaxy" ( i was like, WTF)
9. ayephoner posted on 12 Feb 2013, 07:20 0 3
having just switched from a verizon galaxy nexus to a nexus 4, im quite scared that the 4 has been left off this list.
other sites are saying that the gsm galaxy nexus is seeing updates, but the nexus 4 is not. in what 'he11 on earth' scenario does that make sense???
10. yougotkilled1 posted on 12 Feb 2013, 09:16 1 3
I agree. How does the galaxy nexus receive the update before the nexus 4? Few days late or not, this is unacceptable for a flagship nexus device...
11. g2a5b0e posted on 12 Feb 2013, 09:43 3 1
Right, because getting an incremental update a few days late will mean the death of us all. People feel so damn entitled about the silliest things.
12. ayephoner posted on 12 Feb 2013, 14:25 0 2
you're an idiot.
14. g2a5b0e posted on 12 Feb 2013, 16:17 2 1
Thanks. You're obviously a very mature human being. If not yet having received a 4.2x (incremental) update is the biggest of your worries right now, my suggestion is that you go get a life. Chances are most people won't even notice whatever changes it brings.
16. g2a5b0e posted on 12 Feb 2013, 17:14 2 1
Talk about first world problems. This guy is pissed that he hasn't gotten an update that offers that nothing of any real substance & billions of people around the world are wondering when they're gonna get their next meal. Get a little perspective. We're not even talking about a major update. A few days, a week, or even a month won't kill you.
17. ayephoner posted on 12 Feb 2013, 18:49 0 3
you must be trolling. no one is this dense.
15. JGuinan007 posted on 12 Feb 2013, 16:50 2 1
relax buddy it will come you may have to wait a day or 2 perhaps even 3 but you have a nexus it will come
20. JunitoNH posted on 12 Feb 2013, 22:28 0 0
I hope they send a bug fix for the phantom charging in the Galaxy Nexus. In case you have no clue what I'm talking about: http://code.google.com/p/andro
22. ap1989 posted on 13 Feb 2013, 23:38 0 0
NOT rolling out for verizon galaxy nexus, last time i buy a nexus device. nexus 4 is garbage no LTE what the F you guy think of when u come up with products, google get a gun and waste yourself u B***HES take control of your products and there updated don't let verizon have the control over updates, look at apple.