Google revamps in-app mobile ads to prevent accidental click-throughs
0. phoneArena 13 Dec 2012, 14:18 posted on
Google has reworked how in-app mobile ads work on your handset or tablet to prevent you from accidentally clicking on a mobile ad; with the revamped ad, only a touch directly on a link will sent you to the advertiser's site, while a touch elsewhere will require a confirmation before you move on to the advertiser's web page...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PhoneCritic (Posts: 412; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Great!!!! A much needed feature. Google seems to be just on a roll theses days as it continues to refine and update Android. I give credit to the competition from MS and iOS and even BB10 it has caused Google to come out swigging to stay far ahead of everyone else.
Competition is Good.
2. AppleIsGod (Posts: 50; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Will this be supported in all android versions ? because I am running 2.3.
6. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 867; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
IOS 6 = Android 2.3 in terms of features. I can see where that confusion comes from :)
4. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Whatever. Just make a maps app that is as good as the one you bult on iOS.
This is getting me really mad.
5. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
good to see this...always use to get annoyed when by mistake i use to click on an add and get taken out of the app i was on so good on you google