Google reportedly making a Game Center for Android
0. phoneArena 10 May 2012, 14:34 posted on
Google is apparently hard at work on a native social gaming hub, to support the Android ecosystem, and perhaps unify more of the game offerings with Google+...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
13. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Weird that Business Insider is making this sound like a scoop since Google talked about it 2 months ago.
Also, how biased was the Business Insider piece? As if Apple was the first company to ever imagine a gaming center like that. The proper chain as far as my knowledge goes would be: Steam, Xbox Live achievements, Playstation Network Trophies, OpenFeint, ScoreLoop, iOS Game Center, and now Google Games. Is there anything before Steam that I don't know about?
42. protozeloz (Posts: 5394; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
ha! I know they been working on it for some time.
47. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
Now what can i call it
Google copying game centre of apple
Just like in a weak kid's paper a question comes
What is the best thing you can do for games?
Google doesn't know the answer so is looking to apple's answer sheet
O... game centre
Let me right in my own Words
Mmmmmm... google games. Yes i found It
2. LordOfTroll (banned) (Posts: 54; Member since: 08 May 2012)
Another copy of iOS Game Hub/Windows Phone xBox.
8. android_sucks (Posts: 111; Member since: 28 Jul 2011)
Wow!!!! This is exactly what I was going to post!!! Kudos!!!
4. Quezdagreat (Posts: 428; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Lets see what the android fans got to say about this copycat move
5. the_s2 (Posts: 232; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Why dont Google just buy Open Feint? and develop the platform?
6. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I suppose fandroids will say this isn't copying and google has been working on this since 2003.
On a serious note does Google have any shame?
7. aztaxia12295 (Posts: 269; Member since: 22 Nov 2009)
is all u do troll? seriously, u have no life, sorry, people like you make ios users like me have a bad name. get off the internet for just ONE day and it will make us all happy, now go play in traffic little boy.
32. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
@taco50: And this comes from another iOS user.
Thanks dude, you're helping a lot.
10. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
says the guy who is proud that his company copied Pull- Down notifications and multi-tasking from google
11. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Do you really think multitasking was invented by google?!
14. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
And do you really think iOS was the first to have a game center type program. The Xbox 360 does everything iOS's game center does and more.
20. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
Do you really think a game hub was invented by Apple?!
12. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Well let's be honest iOS still doesn't have true multi-tasking. iOS devotes more of its processing power to the UI and your current task. That's why iOS is so smooth.
15. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
iOS 1.0 had multitasking. There's no such thing As "true multitasking". Multitasking just means more than one task at a time. Apple has just done it better.
16. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
How about you read an article on how iOS only suspends apps instead of having them run in the background like Android.http://www.extremetech.com/com
17. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
You're not techy enough to understand.
33. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Yes there is. You can have a Gnex in each hand. :P
19. Quezdagreat (Posts: 428; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
What's wrong with that? Its helps you pick up where you were and it saves power. No complaints here
22. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Can you bid on ebay with iOS while listening to Pandora and downloading an app at the same time?
Because that's what I'm doing right now on Android and none of my tasks slowed down or stopped while I was doing this.
25. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Yes you can. Sounds like you don't understand how iOS works.
35. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Can you text and watch a movie at the same time?
Please welcome SGS3... hey... where did iPhone go...?
18. kastor (Posts: 43; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
yea yea since 2003,in taht preiod they could make a nuclear bomb with size of USB flash,not to open something like that
34. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
First of all, Google WAS working on Android since 2003.
And also, Google copying Apple? No. There are many people that have made "game centers" before. If anything, Apple copied Xbox live, Steam, et cetera.
9. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
aztaxia12295 is right he makes iOS users look like complete idiots. This guy deserves a medal.
37. Lift_Off (Posts: 152; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
I think you're the idiot in this whole post because you thought that an iphone couldn't play pandora while "bidding on ebay" and downloading an app hahahaha
41. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I could have sworn that iOS paused the download when you open another app that uses internet. Maybe I need to play around with my friend's iPhone more often.
43. Lift_Off (Posts: 152; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
I think my ist gen ipod touch did that... but they probably updated that since
44. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
That's how it worked on my friend's 3GS, I haven't played around with iOS 5.1 enough. I guess they changed it when iOS 4 came out.
26. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Wow, Taco has been smoked again..by the Android community.
38. bucky (Posts: 2280; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Actually I have yet to see someone prove him wrong. I like the way iOS manages tasks. My YouTube vids on the sgs2 used to just restart when I went back to them after sending a text. iOS actually pauses the video exactly where I left off. Each has their strengths.
This would be classified under copying though (game centre).
40. protozeloz (Posts: 5394; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I dont see it named Game center (it could be related with their naming and it could be "play" branded) also I'm bot willing to tell him to shut up, he is a stupid troll ho already admitted not being tech savvy, and supposedly not interested in android.
he is just but hurt because he is still to find an excuse for every time I prove him wrong
27. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I guess this would interest some people, but I am cool with the way things are as I play games for myself. If I want to play games with others, I play HALO.
28. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
That's how this industry works .
Google copy apple
Apple copy back google .
And the cycle repeates
30. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
sure, but this is not copying APPLE...directly.
39. bucky (Posts: 2280; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Actually this is pretty directly copying in this case.
29. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
why the red thumbs, TACO? The truth must hurt, huh...
31. TheJackal142 (Posts: 6; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Hopefully it will be better than the experience I had on apples gamecenter.