Google releases official Gmail app for iOS
0. phoneArena 02 Nov 2011, 12:18 posted on
Google has released an official Gmail app for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, which will allow for a more native Gmail experience for iOS users over the standard Mail app...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
8. jove39 (Posts: 1278; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
App looks good...waiting for update on my android...push notification is already available on iOS for gmail. Instead of using Gmail option mail client use exchange option and you gmail user and pwd. When it ask for server enter m.google.com...there you go...now you can sync your gmail contacts too :)
10. nimo (Posts: 72; Member since: 11 Jun 2010)
no it doesn't , they don't work, and the app has been pulled
2. Paden (Posts: 262; Member since: 07 Jul 2011)
Aaaaand it's already been pulled from the AppStore.
3. spanky (Posts: 81; Member since: 02 Jun 2011)
yeah its not there.... and i could really use this
5. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Apple doesn't play friendly with google so why is google helping Apple?
6. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2669; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Google has a responsibility to its users, some of which don't use Android devices. This gives those users a better experience than the stock Mail app. Simple as that. It's not like Google is adding all the fancy new maps features into iOS anymore.
9. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
How much longer you think till Apple Burns that bridge? They have done everything but directly attack them.
11. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
are u kidding me? google loves the iphone... i think it is even documented that they make more money on ads and stuff from iphones.. why wud they wanna discontinue any connection they have to the phone?
13. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Sorry didn't mean to thumbs up you meant to respond. Was saying Apple will eventually burn that bridge.. I don't care if someone paid to punch me in the face everyday even if I benefited from it. Eventually it would piss me off... And id cut ties lol.
14. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
well then you are not a good businessman
7. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 256; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
and lord knows iOS could use all the help it can get. hence all the new features in iOS5 that were borrowed from andro.... nevermind.
12. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
hence android which was completely redone to be a copy of ap.. oh nevermind
15. SuperEd (Posts: 112; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
HAAAAA~!!!!!! If it was MS, then everyone would be all over them. GOOGLE:FAIL. So typical. what a bunch of incompetent IT so called guru's.