Google receives patent for a "smart-watch" that uses augmented reality
0. phoneArena posted on 03 Oct 2012, 01:53
A patent filed by Google last year and just approved, reveals that the Mountain View tect titan might be looking at producing a smart-watch; according to the filing, a clear flip-cover opens to become an augmented reality viewer...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. JoeBelfiore (banned) posted on 03 Oct 2012, 01:56 0 14
Patent circled corners? LOL Google, you scream as Apple does this, now its your turn
4. linneti15 posted on 03 Oct 2012, 02:20 12 0
This has nothing to do with a silly design patent, it's an idea to use augmented reality on a device which attaches around your wrist like a watch and that can deliver information to you... much more specific than "evenly rounded corners on a black rectangle"
5. joey_sfb posted on 03 Oct 2012, 03:16 3 1
With apple around! You might need a patent to sell your own underwear!..
6. Danre posted on 03 Oct 2012, 06:16 4 0
If Google does not patent their tech then Apple will stole that and patent it.
So, till the company like Apple exist it is better to get patent your innovation.
2. eisenbricher posted on 03 Oct 2012, 02:00 6 1
Cool concept! This can really prove useful in Navigation, especially while walking. Would be perfect if it includes NFC or bluetooth. Just load in your destination from your phone and you're ready to go!
3. Jimstar posted on 03 Oct 2012, 02:13 1 0
Just in time to be worked into the development of the Motoactv 2 perhaps? hmmm
7. paulislegend posted on 03 Oct 2012, 07:52 2 0
Why is THIS patent getting pushed through and the drop-down notification patent is still pending...http://www.google.com/patents/
8. Fallout09 posted on 03 Oct 2012, 08:39 0 0
I think it might have to do with investigation of prior art.
9. Zero0 posted on 04 Oct 2012, 17:29 0 0
The glasses should use augmented reality to put a watch on my wrist. I shouldn't need glasses AND a watch.