Google plans on changing Android's design?
0. phoneArena 12 Jun 2014, 14:23 posted on
Back in April, we showed you screenshots displaying what was claimed to be a design overhaul for the Android UI. A report published on Thursday states that Google is working on a project called "Quantum Paper," which will offer one UI for Google apps on Android, iOS and on the web. This could lead to a change in design for the Android platform itself...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Hughey2k2 (Posts: 14; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Sweet I love the fact that Google keeps on updating their products.
3. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13585; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
But they continue to ignore addressing underlining issues that still plague android.
9. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
He is hating and dislikes Android.
He is iJelly
15. Droidrapist (Posts: 186; Member since: 28 May 2014)
You're not different you're an iHater. LOL
47. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Hate the company Apple the patent trolls
37. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13585; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Locking down Android with each new iteration
Some devices still report lag despite project butter
Just to name a few
39. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
You know, none of that is Google's fault. Those issues are caused by the carriers, OEMs, and their devices, not Google's OS...
55. jroc74 (Posts: 6014; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
That was a valid rebuttal.
Please see post #39 n #41, thanks. Even for Nexus devices....the processor changes up from time to time.
Apple and WP has a major advantage because the hardware guidelines are very strict vs Android. For Android to run as well as it does....with countless hardware configurations out there is amazing.
54. meanestgenius (Posts: 12397; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Meanwhile, iOS has been:
Hacked more than half a dozen times this year
iMessage sends your texts into a black hole every time you text a non iOS device
Updates break your phone and Apple's response is buy a new phone
Forced to only use Apple products
Latest iDevices lag as well, like the latest iPad mini
Yes, I used to own one so I know what I'm talking about
Just to name a few.
56. jroc74 (Posts: 6014; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Exactly.....Apple cant be looked at as an overall example of the right way because the iPhone, iOS has issues too.
No OS, desktop or mobile, is perfect.
58. meanestgenius (Posts: 12397; Member since: 28 May 2014)
You hit the nail right on the head.
"No OS, desktop or mobile, is perfect."
Plus one to you.
5. Finalflash (Posts: 3131; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Well that is because they have only done minor updates (although huge in comparison to other platforms) between each of the recent releases. Between ICS to Jelly Bean it was under the hood improvements largely (mostly to the top most UI layer and its behaviors). Then Jelly Bean to KitKat was, again, an under the hood change for efficiency. From 4.0 to 5.0 though, if we see a change as significant as Gingerbread (not honeycomb cause that was a stop gap for tablets only) to ICS, then we will have some revolutionary changes for the OS (I hope) which largely has little to compete with right now.
11. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
And Apple keep adding extra row of icons for their 4.7"-6"
61. T.Law (Posts: 414; Member since: 10 May 2014)
I'm afraid you're mistaking Android for iOS.
6. verbalize (Posts: 126; Member since: 03 May 2013)
It's all good if you are willing to wait a year to get it. If not longer
12. engineer-1701d (unregistered)
if you have a off brand name phone that you bought from over sea's for the rest of the world it will be soon my gs3 from 2 years ago is on stock kitkat,4.4.3 you just need a good phone maker to keep up with the new tech.
2. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Make those status and on screen button bars transparent in all apps
7. Liveitup (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
We are truly in the era of Flat UI. Hope Windows Phone becomes the third true alternative, it started this trend. It will be interesting to see what new design language comes in the next 5-10 years.
10. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Wp will be gone just like Wp7 and WM.
21. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Way to add something to the topic TROLL tm! Maybe you aren't thinking clearly with Google grinding their unmentionables on your chin?
59. jroc74 (Posts: 6014; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
You mean WebOS? I know you must keep forgetting they hired a former WebOS guy before WP launched...
13. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2071; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Android going flat? What could have inspired Google to do this to their mobile OS? Hmm...
57. jroc74 (Posts: 6014; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
WebOS and Durate, the ex WebOS guy they hired...the inspiration started with Honeycomb.
14. FingerMyApple (unregistered)
Can't wait to see malware getting flat as well :)
22. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Wasn't there just an article not too long ago which said that there's more malware on iOS than Android?
But seriously, I have NEVER heard of a person with malware on his/her phone. Never. On none of the existing platforms.
23. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Not true at all.. now there was an article about ios crashing more though lol