Google outgrows Microsoft to become the second-largest tech company in the world
0. phoneArena 01 Oct 2012, 09:33 posted on
For the first time today Google surpassed Microsoft’s market evaluation and became the world’s second largest tech company after Apple…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Now it's for Google to rip off apple!!!! :-)
30. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1104; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
More like rip into Apple and shred it to make Apple Pie (patent pending) :)
Congrats Google awesome job and MS get your act together and at least be second...I respect you too...well played for all those years!
32. iphone4me (banned) (Posts: 35; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
Yeah, like they ripped off The iPhone Design. ;-((
10. NokiaLumia920 (Posts: 28; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
an engine that violate your privacy everyday
36. SleepingOz (unregistered)
umad bro? =]
49. DechyX (Posts: 114; Member since: 16 May 2011)
unless you're building bombs or something else illegal... why do you care?
51. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
exactly. and you cant have all the great services without sharing your info and data.
with Google i can trust my data.
54. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Because I'm looking up "how to make chloroform napkins to strangle people with" every day. ;D
57. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
What search engine....doesnt? I would like an example of one that doesnt.
If you worried about privacy so much....you wouldnt be online as we speak.
58. SleepingOz (unregistered)
BING! BING doesn't! Oh wait..
11. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
congrats Google. keep up the innovation & Don`t be Evil, ever:)
22. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
its not a warning its just my way of appreciating what google has done for its consumers
2. MeoCao (unregistered)
Google is outstanding, the way they absorb acquisitions is admirable, all major buys work: Android, YouTube, ... Motorola will be the next big thing for Google and I'm sure Google will overtake Apple as the World's biggest company.
3. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
i think microsoft will be gone forever in the next 20 years
8. dickwyn (Posts: 601; Member since: 07 May 2012)
yeah and you are going to be using what on your PC
16. MeoCao (unregistered)
I think phones will replace PC, at home you just connect your phone to what ever peripherals you have and voila - a PC.
Android has a multi-user feature and phones already can do most things people do with their PC.
50. axllebeer (Posts: 266; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
I personally am an Ubuntu user here and stay away from Microsoft and Apple products. One is too slow, and the other is too closed in my opinion.
55. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I love Windows 7 and Macs are pretty cool. I just use Windows 7 because of the software support. I want to dual-boot Ubuntu soon!
4. Danre (Posts: 85; Member since: 02 Sep 2012)
Google is best.
No wonder it become the second largest tech company.
I want to see Google in 1st position.
19. iphone4me (banned) (Posts: 35; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
You got that right, "SECOND" to #1, NUMERO "UNO", "ICHIBAN" -----> APPLE! (^_~)
5. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 365; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Google outgrowed MS on being open source.i am very excited about Google's upcoming projects i.e Google glasses & Self driving car.
6. pongkie (Posts: 505; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
problem with MS they holdback alot these days. too slow. like the surface, my interest is fast fading away due to long release date after introduction. until now prices are not available.
12. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5954; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Ummm. Victor, the word you want to use is valuation. Evaluate means to rate something.
14. sudbury78 (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
Will NEVER EVER EVER be number 1. We know who that belongs too. Keep looking up google at your master.
38. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
apple troll why comment , shouldnt you be carefully holding your phone so you dont scratch it, maybe apple will give you a bubble to protect it made of your sad delusion
17. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Good.. only one left :D
24. bloodline (Posts: 693; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
well done google, proud to be a fan.
Keep up the innovation
27. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
29. NokiaLumia920 (Posts: 28; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
with a crappy iOS 6 maps that make you get lost?
31. zippolite28 (Posts: 101; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
I have a strong feeling that Microsoft is trying to do something big...
33. dejastar (Posts: 11; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
I still dont understand what makes android "low class". Is it because the operating system delivers more options to its customers?
34. NokiaLumia920 (Posts: 28; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
The openness kinda destroyed Android reputation..
Just get a low end Android phone without any quality control, checks and you'll know why.
35. dejastar (Posts: 11; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Thanks for the info. I had no idea freedom was a bad thing.
37. zippolite28 (Posts: 101; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
Android is something nice for games and apps ... But openness maks lag .. Makes it bugge... I at last have to restart twice in a week galaxy note ...
41. SleepingOz (unregistered)
"But openness maks lag .. Makes it bugge"
You don't even know what you're talking about, do you?
And next time make sure you buy the real deal, not some cheap chinese rip-offs.
45. zippolite28 (Posts: 101; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
I dono may be but when I use torrent to download and use all share app to see movies in tv ... Thousands of temp files are created ... Where it bugs me to delete them and ... U can google that and many have that problem
46. zippolite28 (Posts: 101; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
I have changed 2 32gb memory cards in my note .... And its problem with many Samsung devices.... And now I no more want to buy one more .. U can try to google even that
42. dejastar (Posts: 11; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Lol I have to restart my device just to clear bad movie torrents. But at least I have the option to download bad movie torrents.
48. NokiaLumia920 (Posts: 28; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Ignore them, fandroids defending their OS because its what they like.
They just cant take criticism, a clear example will be SleepingOz.
53. SleepingOz (unregistered)
LMAO! You're definitely mad bro.. but oh, who cares?! Take a deep breath, hide your frustration and rejoice, Google just outgrows MS! HELL YEAH! =D
Where's Nokia? faking video again?
56. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
seriously any need to keep bringing up the lumia video, they have proved the phone can deliver so get over it
you android fans dont like it when ifans go on about android been laggy which is no longer the case so you should let it go.
the fake vid has no relevance any more
59. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I'm not saying that the Lumia camera is bad. It's certainly the best 8mp shooter atm but it ain't as good as it was promoted in those misleading ads. And Android being laggy is not comparable to Nokia misleading its customers.
Also I wouldn't come with that, but if you troll, I troll.
62. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
ok first where have i trolled?
i aint said nothing about android been laggy nowadays becuase it isnt, plus i like android its the best for customization, one of the reason i stuck to symbian was been able to customize my phone i.e. the simple install a theme and phone has a new look.
anyway the fake vid was down to nokia's marketing and they fixed that, sure shouldnt of happened in the first place but then again when are adverts ever completely true.
63. SleepingOz (unregistered)
"sure shouldnt of happened in the first place"
You said it all!
60. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Perhaps, it would have been better comparing Android being laggy with WP being as restricted as iOS.
66. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
where am i saying your comparing android as laggy...seriously maybe you should just be happy with your OS of choice and stop slating others
43. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 850; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Google's shares have rocketed up in the last 2weeks, quite amazing.
In the next 2years im sure Google will over throw Apple, i dont see Apple's valuation staying that high, innovation has dried up in there, its just a matter of time before investors realise it. :)
44. maxican16 (Posts: 364; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Definitely an achievement with apple's new release.
47. McLaren (unregistered)
Money is not everything in this world.Wifi and internet are the ones.