Google not sure 'weather' Monday's event will go on as scheduled
0. phoneArena 27 Oct 2012, 12:16 posted on
Thanks to Hurricane Sandy, described as being a nor'easter on steroids, there is a good chance that Monday's big media event planned by Google to introduce some major new products will have to be put off for another date...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Here is event for you:
"Nexus 4 Quick Start Guide"
2. shamu11 (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
it's officially canceled
35. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I would call it postponed to a later unknown date. google is going to release the nexus 4 eventually
3. abdane (Posts: 480; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
NOOOOO !!! i was excited :(
oh well, hope the next date isnt far...
4. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2213; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Just waiting for the comments on how Google picked an "inferior" location that's prone to hurricanes.
5. cGmC11 (Posts: 124; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
Well, the Windows Phone 8 will take the same day but in San Francisco!
6. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
wow screw you google. i was so freaking excited
39. shirtlessrabbit4 (Posts: 40; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
How would Google have prevented this, exactly?
8. deuel_18 (Posts: 54; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
well they better add a new device in their new schedule as a penalty...say a new remodeled Nexus 7 with mcroSD slot?...anyone?
22. wendygarett (unregistered)
Thumbing someone down for sharing the opinion? WTF!!! don't you like choice?? Add a new device will hurt the consumer? Lol
26. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 425; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Wow stop the hate...every article...u been negative....you are not a tech person..... Nothing...but a square....
41. metalpoet (unregistered)
put a shirt on dude, really that is freaking sick. put ur wanna be p*rn pics on ur facebook.
9. sorcio46 (Posts: 419; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Next time, schedule it in Europe, here we have a better weather ;-)
10. smallworld (Posts: 447; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
"an Act of God" you mean a goddess called Ororo ?
11. StreetNerd (Posts: 726; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
15. Mark.J.Linskiy (unregistered)
That's one of the most dumbest and childish things I've read. Lol, people can't actually believe any of that, can they? I hope it's a joke.
36. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
thats really dumb... if google was really scared of w8, then it would try to release nexus 4 b4 the "storm" of windows 8 devices to steal their thunder
12. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1410; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Send a invite to Chuck Norris , he will stop Sandy just by dtaring at it
21. lemonhead127 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Sep 2012)
I wish I could stop something by dtaring at it
42. metalpoet (unregistered)
what is "dtaring" lol just kidding
20. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Well i feel more was up than its obvious, i think the brewing windows phone storm was the problem for google here. remember how some boring motorolas were announced the same day as the allmighty lumia 920? yeah, neither do i, and thats what google is affraid of...
31. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Nope, but they do care when their event is ignored by most of the press...
23. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
well, that's a really sad thing that we'll miss google event. on the bright side, at least we still have microsoft event
37. W.P._Android_in_that_Order (Posts: 207; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
I agree. Super excited about that.
24. someones4 (Posts: 622; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
30. rizevnarastek (Posts: 337; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Don't see the problem. Just do the event on the west coast.
38. W.P._Android_in_that_Order (Posts: 207; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
He would be more deserving than a certain unnamed nobel prize winner.
40. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Look, just because Niels Bohr's model of the atom has been disproven by quantum mechanics doesn't give you the right to crap on his Nobel Prize.