Google might partner with LG on 2014 Nexus 7
0. phoneArena 29 Jul 2013, 03:58 posted on
Google might want to use LG so that it can upgrade the Nexus 7 screen and LG has that technology…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MartianMe (unregistered)
As long as they don't increase the price range is all good to me.
11. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
LG won't be able to keep the price under control as ASUS is doing. I hope Google think twice before going into a deal. Nexus 4 is another thing shouldn't be compared with a tablet.
18. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Hey if they could do the Nexus 4 starting at 300, I'd think they could do 230 for a tablet. Besides, LG said they wanted to get into the tablet market and presenting a quality Nexus tablet could give them that jumping start.
I hope it is LG though -- they really do have great hardware and quality build standards.
2. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
i love nexus 5 to be Sony branded. that would be awesome.
17. daniel_bargs (Posts: 325; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
If that would be Sony-branded, I'm sure Google can't cope with the price Sony will be asking. Sony makes gadgets with a very very outstanding design and quality which is, for me, not worth $200 hahaha. I mean, let's face it, Sony has the best looking phones from Xperia Z, ZL, ZR etc... HTC One too.
22. anleoflippy (Posts: 595; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
The high price tag seems to happen outside of Asia. Usually, Sony phones are actually cheaper here compare to other brands.
3. boosook (Posts: 1419; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Nonsense... this is just nonsense. The Nexus 7 has just been released and this is only a prediction of some analyst based on... nothing. I understand that these analysts must earn their living, but this is just pure speculation without the faintest sign of an evidence. What's more, the ipad mini display made by LG is 1024x768, which is even lower than the first gen nexus 7, so the fact that LG is currently manufacturing the ipad mini display is totally irrelevant. Google has already reached the maximum resolution that the eye needs for a 7'' tablet, so why would they need a screen enhancement?
Of course Google might change the nexus7 manufacturer in 2014. They've always done it: first HTC, then Samsung, then Asus and LG... everyone had its slice of the cake. But LG does not even have a tablet on the market now, and so they don't have a great experience with tablets, they will manufacture the new nexus4 and their market share is rising, so they don't need any help.
Guess who will be next in my opinion? Acer.
7. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
LG will be launching a tablet soon (G Pad), and LG makes one of the best displays (IPS), it can compete with AMOLED. So LG is the best choice for Google.
9. boosook (Posts: 1419; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Most likely, if they will make a Nexus, they will make the Nexus 10.
13. yoavst (Posts: 17; Member since: 29 Jul 2013)
Nexus 10? I think it will be great if samsung will produce the next genertion.
Exynos 5 octa 2nd in a normal price.
4. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
The New Nexus 7 is awesome. It's actually so perfect the next one should be a Nexus 8 to be a viable upgrade.
5. WindowsiDroid (Posts: 133; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
If LG make the 3rd nexus 7 I will not totally buy it coz here in Philippines LG use higher price like Nexus 4 instead of $300 it become $600 unlike Asus their 1st Nexus 7 $200 it become $250 >.<
6. Trex95 (Posts: 879; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Honestly LG made the best Nexus phone till date.
8. rizevnarastek (Posts: 347; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Nexus 8... More screen realestate, less bezel (by ASUS) ;)
10. Mercenary (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
I think Asus is doing a good job when it comes to tablets.
14. yoavst (Posts: 17; Member since: 29 Jul 2013)
I tought about something -
Nexus 4, Nexus 7 (1st), Nexus 10 - each one of them have different proccesor of different company.
Nexus 4 - S4 pro (Qualcomm), Nexus 7 (1st) - Tegra 3 (Nvidia), Nexus 10 - Exynos 5 dual (Samsung).
But now the new Nexus 7 have the same proccessor as the nexus 4 - S4 pro.
What does it say?
19. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Sounds like a bad idea for us cost wise, and what about a new nexus 10, Google?
20. GeekMovement (Posts: 2140; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
How about bringing it to CDMA networks this time?
21. roscuthiii (Posts: 2179; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Isn't this the same analyst that said the new Nexus 7 was going to be a flop? The one that's sold out in a lot of places?