Google may be working on an Android 4.4.1 KitKat already
0. phoneArena 07 Nov 2013, 02:33 posted on
We've already seen the first signs that an Android 4.4.1 is already in the works, but we now have additional information that seems to indicate that Google is working on it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Commentator (Posts: 2183; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Well, it's not like the Android development team just goes on vacation after a new version is released, is it...?
7. jaytai0106 (Posts: 826; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
They probably just have one night out after the release then back to work :P. I will be more surprise if they are not working on 4.4.2 or 5.0.0. Always have to be 2 steps ahead to stay in the game :D
8. axllebeer (Posts: 260; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
Took the words right out of my mouth. The current version is out, time to push on...
2. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Wow, and I though IOS updates were fast. Now just bring Kit Kat to the Galaxy Nexus, and just for fun, to the Nexus S too...
5. jove39 (Posts: 1206; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
My guess...in new build 4.4.1 Google will replace dalvik with Android Runtime. It's already in in 4.4 but disabled by default. Curious folks can enable it in developer options.
6. mturby (Posts: 149; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
If not everybody will be able to enjoy the new kit kat on their 512 ram old phone, what is the fricking point? will the carriers release the 4.4 to my less than 2 yrs old device?..yeah i can tell what they are thinking know: screw u customer, if u want kitkat buy either a 2 yrs contract or pay $450 for the latest andrd phone we got. njoy ur ics.