Google may be readying unified messaging service called Babble
0. phoneArena posted on 19 Mar 2013, 23:06
When we first saw this icon, it was in regards to Chrome OS. The icon had popped up for some Chrome OS users who were on the dev channel, but it was unclear exactly what it was. From the icon alone, it seemed to be a unified messaging service, and new reports say that's exactly what it is. Apparently, Google might be getting ready to release a unified messaging service, called Babble...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. StringCheese01 posted on 19 Mar 2013, 23:08 6 0
O RLY??? Finally!! Maybe that's why nothing new has come of Google Voice in over 1.5 years
3. MichaelHeller posted on 19 Mar 2013, 23:27 5 0
Don't get too excited. There's no indication that Voice is a part of Babble.
7. Silpher posted on 19 Mar 2013, 23:59 0 0
Yeah, exactly what I was thinking... If everything's color coded, where's the white speech bubble with blue receiver in this new icon...?
Even if not though, it's a step in the right direction.
5. Jphones posted on 19 Mar 2013, 23:45 11 0
Google+ is great communities and just more substance then facebook
8. Rydsmith posted on 20 Mar 2013, 00:12 11 0
I actually REALLY like G+ compared to FB.
Google needs to truly integrate G+ into Android to the point it is in the foundation of Anroid. Getting people from FB to G+ as their primary source of social media will be a daunting task but I think it's completely possible if they become aggresive and shove down the Android user's throat.
12. sss_ddk posted on 20 Mar 2013, 01:12 1 3
I can't rate an App and leave a comment without leaving my real name and possibly my photo through G+. I get a static useless top icon in the drop down list in JB with my name on it, because of this deeper integration of G+.Why would i want deeper G+ integartion into Android?
19. Gdrye posted on 21 Mar 2013, 01:22 1 0
the only problem is we have to get everyone off facebook and put them on google+. but agreed, so much better than facebook
9. SleepingOz posted on 20 Mar 2013, 00:26 12 0
I find G+ better than Facebook. It's just that the people aren't there..
10. Sniggly posted on 20 Mar 2013, 00:36 1 6
Bulls**t they aren't, son.
Check out "What's Hot" (on the app) or "Explore" (on laptop/desktop). You'll find plenty of activity.
15. KingKurogiii posted on 20 Mar 2013, 09:37 2 0
you know what he means...
16. Jyakotu posted on 20 Mar 2013, 11:41 1 0
He means HIS people aren't there. Yes, G+ has plenty of strangers and tech geeks that hate Facebook there, but Google toutes G+ as connecting with YOUR friends, not strangers. That's what Twitter is for. LOL
6. Sniggly posted on 19 Mar 2013, 23:56 4 0
...They do know that Babble is also kinda the name of an adult hookup site, right?
11. datsyuk posted on 20 Mar 2013, 00:39 1 1
This is amazing news! To be honest the only thing I love about iOs is iMessage. To be honest it's fantastic, really quick and much better than standard SMS. Been waiting for this for a long time!
Plus my Galaxy Nexus would literally take 48 hours even longer some times sending MMS. Could never figure that out.
18. Zero0 posted on 20 Mar 2013, 14:41 3 0
This is pretty much necessary.
Also, a unified Android messaging app needs to be made. Email, text, and whatever the heck Google is working on in one app.