Google may be readying unified messaging service called Babble
1. StringCheese01 (Posts: 64; Member since: 27 Jan 2012)
O RLY??? Finally!! Maybe that's why nothing new has come of Google Voice in over 1.5 years
3. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2701; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Don't get too excited. There's no indication that Voice is a part of Babble.
7. Silpher (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Jan 2012)
Yeah, exactly what I was thinking... If everything's color coded, where's the white speech bubble with blue receiver in this new icon...?
Even if not though, it's a step in the right direction.
5. Jphones (Posts: 235; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Google+ is great communities and just more substance then facebook
8. Rydsmith (Posts: 525; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
I actually REALLY like G+ compared to FB.
Google needs to truly integrate G+ into Android to the point it is in the foundation of Anroid. Getting people from FB to G+ as their primary source of social media will be a daunting task but I think it's completely possible if they become aggresive and shove down the Android user's throat.
12. sss_ddk (Posts: 73; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
I can't rate an App and leave a comment without leaving my real name and possibly my photo through G+. I get a static useless top icon in the drop down list in JB with my name on it, because of this deeper integration of G+.Why would i want deeper G+ integartion into Android?
19. Gdrye (Posts: 110; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
the only problem is we have to get everyone off facebook and put them on google+. but agreed, so much better than facebook
9. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I find G+ better than Facebook. It's just that the people aren't there..
10. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Bulls**t they aren't, son.
Check out "What's Hot" (on the app) or "Explore" (on laptop/desktop). You'll find plenty of activity.
16. Jyakotu (Posts: 844; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
He means HIS people aren't there. Yes, G+ has plenty of strangers and tech geeks that hate Facebook there, but Google toutes G+ as connecting with YOUR friends, not strangers. That's what Twitter is for. LOL
6. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
...They do know that Babble is also kinda the name of an adult hookup site, right?
11. datsyuk (Posts: 179; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
This is amazing news! To be honest the only thing I love about iOs is iMessage. To be honest it's fantastic, really quick and much better than standard SMS. Been waiting for this for a long time!
Plus my Galaxy Nexus would literally take 48 hours even longer some times sending MMS. Could never figure that out.
17. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
I think this is a good call by Google.
18. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
This is pretty much necessary.
Also, a unified Android messaging app needs to be made. Email, text, and whatever the heck Google is working on in one app.
20. Rydsmith (Posts: 525; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
They can call it, "Android Hub"
(I kid, I kid)