Google looks to reboot AR with Project Niantic and Ingress
0. phoneArena 15 Nov 2012, 21:09 posted on
Since smartphones have become more and more location aware with GPS signals, and high-res camera's, augmented reality (AR) has been something of a gimmick. It's fun to show off interesting things like Layar, or there may be a simple game based on collecting things around town. But, with its first foray into game development, Google is looking to reboot AR with Project Niantic and a game called Ingress...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Samsomesh (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
That's great.!! This is what iNNOVATION.!!
9. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1115; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Iys no surprise mate!
Google = Innovation!
2. Chugunn (Posts: 10; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Nobody is going to comment on this huh?A city wide game?
4. Chugunn (Posts: 10; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
That would be so amazing,would travel even more just to get more knowledge.
6. Cyan3boN (Posts: 433; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Google is no more a search giant. they are the biggest tech giants as of now. All hail king GOOGLE....
8. _Bone_ (Posts: 2145; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
What about AR navigation teased in the 4.2 video a month back?
10. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 867; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Does anyone have an invite? I'm still waiting on mine.