Google launches Chrome beta channel for Android 4.x devices
0. phoneArena 10 Jan 2013, 17:43 posted on
Google loves beta, there's really no arguing that. Google products have stayed in beta for years, and Google loves to offer beta versions of its products for interested early adopters, especially Chrome users. And, starting today, Google has released Chrome beta into the Play Store for Android 4.x devices...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
going to give it a whirl, hopefully it wont lock up like chrome did in its first round of betas
9. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Does it have any scrolling feedback when you reach the top/bottom of a page?
That's my biggest complaint. Firefox has scrolling and pinch-to-zoom nailed down the greatest, but it fails in properly rendering most sites.
14. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I hate Firefox, the only reason why I'm still using it is because of flash..
Dolphin no longer support flash since 4.1.. =(
18. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
That's why I didn't upgrade to JB, 4.0.4 is better.
24. imkyle (Posts: 1060; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Scrolling is decent on my Asus Infinity but it is horrible on my Galaxy Nexus which they know about. Chrome needs to get its scrolling down. Firefox does suck with rendering at times.
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 17115; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Chrome is the best browser. I love it on my note 2
7. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
So you've got a Note 2, what about you're One X and iPhone5?
10. SleepingOz (unregistered)
He said he had to return his GNOTE II after xmas 'coz it sucks compared to his iphone5 in his opinion.
Now the GNOTE II is back.. LMAO!
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 17115; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lets b clear about this I said I return my galaxy note 2 I never said it sucked compared to the iPhone the G note 2 camera is not as good as the iPhone camera that is what I said I found a really good deal on Craigslist for a galaxy note 2 so it is now back in my arsenal I love the Galaxy Note 2 but I am NOT a big fan of the galaxy note 2 camera that is what I said and that is how I still feel
25. darkkjedii (Posts: 17115; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
One x sold n early december. Iphone 5 is on break
6. soldiernation (Posts: 34; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
Will try it. I hate Google Chrome how it is right now.
11. papss (unregistered)
Agreed.. I hate it on my pc/table and hated it on my last phone.. Matter of fact i cant think of a single google service that i HAVE to have and ive tried most ( including their poorly done google tv)Mozilla is the real deal IMO
8. JonBjSig (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Ok, what's going on, everyone complains about the performance on the current release except for me.
Now I installed the Beta version and everyone is praising the performance except for me.
12. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4219; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It won't let me install it, it keeps giving me an insufficient storage pop up. It's only 21 MB, I know I have enough storage for that considering I have about 12 GB of space left. Help :(
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Which phone are you using berzerk?
13. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Chrome beta is a bit faster but not much..
15. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Puffin browser is the fastest, have you tried it, it loads PA in 7seconds.
22. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
It has Flash but its a bit choppy.
But very good for speed.
17. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'm using it now on my MAXX HD and it does feel about 15-20% faster but it's locked up on me once.
23. p0rkguy (Posts: 684; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
I have it installed but every time I launch it, it closes on me.
28. Tones (Posts: 55; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Im confused. Is this different from the chrome i have been using the past year or so? Was that a pre beta version?