Google launches Chrome beta channel for Android 4.x devices
0. phoneArena posted on 10 Jan 2013, 17:43
Google loves beta, there's really no arguing that. Google products have stayed in beta for years, and Google loves to offer beta versions of its products for interested early adopters, especially Chrome users. And, starting today, Google has released Chrome beta into the Play Store for Android 4.x devices...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nyamo posted on 10 Jan 2013, 17:51 1 0
going to give it a whirl, hopefully it wont lock up like chrome did in its first round of betas
9. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 18:59 0 0
Does it have any scrolling feedback when you reach the top/bottom of a page?
That's my biggest complaint. Firefox has scrolling and pinch-to-zoom nailed down the greatest, but it fails in properly rendering most sites.
14. SleepingOz posted on 10 Jan 2013, 19:26 1 0
I hate Firefox, the only reason why I'm still using it is because of flash..
Dolphin no longer support flash since 4.1.. =(
18. TROLL posted on 10 Jan 2013, 19:36 0 0
That's why I didn't upgrade to JB, 4.0.4 is better.
27. KingKurogiii posted on 11 Jan 2013, 01:16 0 0
Flash is like the only trade-off...
24. imkyle posted on 10 Jan 2013, 21:41 0 0
Scrolling is decent on my Asus Infinity but it is horrible on my Galaxy Nexus which they know about. Chrome needs to get its scrolling down. Firefox does suck with rendering at times.
5. darkkjedii posted on 10 Jan 2013, 18:25 2 2
Chrome is the best browser. I love it on my note 2
7. TROLL posted on 10 Jan 2013, 18:34 3 1
So you've got a Note 2, what about you're One X and iPhone5?
10. SleepingOz posted on 10 Jan 2013, 19:07 5 1
He said he had to return his GNOTE II after xmas 'coz it sucks compared to his iphone5 in his opinion.
Now the GNOTE II is back.. LMAO!
26. darkkjedii posted on 10 Jan 2013, 22:00 0 0
Lets b clear about this I said I return my galaxy note 2 I never said it sucked compared to the iPhone the G note 2 camera is not as good as the iPhone camera that is what I said I found a really good deal on Craigslist for a galaxy note 2 so it is now back in my arsenal I love the Galaxy Note 2 but I am NOT a big fan of the galaxy note 2 camera that is what I said and that is how I still feel
31. EclipseGSX posted on 11 Jan 2013, 12:15 0 0
yea hes full of it...LOL
25. darkkjedii posted on 10 Jan 2013, 21:54 1 2
One x sold n early december. Iphone 5 is on break
6. soldiernation posted on 10 Jan 2013, 18:32 2 0
Will try it. I hate Google Chrome how it is right now.
11. papss posted on 10 Jan 2013, 19:07 0 1
Agreed.. I hate it on my pc/table and hated it on my last phone.. Matter of fact i cant think of a single google service that i HAVE to have and ive tried most ( including their poorly done google tv)Mozilla is the real deal IMO
8. JonBjSig posted on 10 Jan 2013, 18:55 0 1
Ok, what's going on, everyone complains about the performance on the current release except for me.
Now I installed the Beta version and everyone is praising the performance except for me.
12. Berzerk000 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 19:08 0 0
It won't let me install it, it keeps giving me an insufficient storage pop up. It's only 21 MB, I know I have enough storage for that considering I have about 12 GB of space left. Help :(
21. TROLL posted on 10 Jan 2013, 20:18 0 0
On you're SD or internal?
29. Berzerk000 posted on 11 Jan 2013, 05:10 0 0
15. TROLL posted on 10 Jan 2013, 19:33 0 0
Puffin browser is the fastest, have you tried it, it loads PA in 7seconds.
22. TROLL posted on 10 Jan 2013, 20:19 0 0
It has Flash but its a bit choppy.
But very good for speed.
17. KingKurogiii posted on 10 Jan 2013, 19:35 0 0
i'm using it now on my MAXX HD and it does feel about 15-20% faster but it's locked up on me once.
23. p0rkguy posted on 10 Jan 2013, 21:13 0 0
I have it installed but every time I launch it, it closes on me.
28. Tones posted on 11 Jan 2013, 05:02 0 0
Im confused. Is this different from the chrome i have been using the past year or so? Was that a pre beta version?