Google is working on new Android camera API with RAW output and face detection
0. phoneArena 18 Nov 2013, 08:56 posted on
Google is working on a completely new Android camera application programming interface (API) that will bring support for uncompressed RAW image output and add…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jove39 (Posts: 1858; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Exciting... May be in future release we'll see new camera app...for camera accessories...big ring around N5 camera is magnet...to attach removable lenses?
2. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
It's assumed Google is going to sell some improved lenses for it eventually.
Nokia brought a good mobile camera and Google is finally responding by fixing the camera api that limits androids camera capabilities.
Maybe Sony around this time next year will have an android device that rivals nokias camera.
3. Sire3008 (Posts: 87; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
Nokia had that first... Nokia always setting the pace in the mobile camera world. Go nokia
5. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Dude wtf seriously? Using your logic, android has phablet first, and quad core , and more ram, and HD resolutions, and more other stuff
7. LoveHater (Posts: 176; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
more specifically "in the mobile camera world ONLY"
4. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Yo Google my mates, release the damned Nexus 5 camera fix!
10. Ant34 (Posts: 193; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
Why doesn't Google just borrow Samsung's or HTC's interface?