Google is part of group that files a brief asking courts to stop honoring vague patents
0. phoneArena 10 Dec 2012, 02:01 posted on
Google, Dell and Zynga are part of a group that filed a brief with the U.S. Court of Appeals asking that patents written in a vague manner not be honored in court; Google argues that patents that include phrases like "on a mobile device" are just too broadly written...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. CaptainCool (Posts: 8; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
I'm really against this. I just submitted a patent that would make it so you can navigate a mobile device with your hand or a different object.
2. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 885; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
It's brilliant going after this smaller company for a stupid and vague patent so they can set precedence.
7. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Something is weird about this. The generally accepted process is to file a request for re-examination with the U.S PTO. Further, there hasn't been a verdict at the trial court level, and Amicus appeal briefs are being filed?
3. MeoCao (unregistered)
Apple is freaking, it has lots of such patents:
"rectangle and rounded corners on computers"
"rubber on computer"
"address book on computer"
You name it.
4. Hammerfest (Posts: 383; Member since: 12 May 2012)
#1 holder of vague, common sense, broad, silly, and prior art patents?
Next we will hear Apple filing a "friend of the court" for CLS
5. someones4 (Posts: 624; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
I hope that Apple will be sitting on a pile of worthless patents.
6. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
blame just Apple +Microsoft =pure evil
9. paulislegend (Posts: 42; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they also need to have qualified people reviewing them as well...
also... why the fug is Google's drop down notification patent taking so long to be approved?
11. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
yes lets all GET TOGETHER N STOP APPLE M$ & others trying to sue FOR STUPID COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. I moslty BLAME APPLE who started this hole ideal