Google goes poetic in new Galaxy Nexus commercial
0. phoneArena 17 Nov 2011, 08:23 posted on
Along with the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus in the UK, Google has released a new commercial for the device entitled "Calling all..." which shows off the more poetic side of Google...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. Rayzin (Posts: 83; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Just because you want the phone doesn't mean you have to like the commercial for it.
2. protozeloz (Posts: 5395; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Nice, Finally some features commercial!
3. Rayzin (Posts: 83; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I'll admit, it will appeal to a lot of demographics, but come on... I'm not buying an eco-friendly car. This commercial needs to show you why this phone is cutting edge technology without seeming like it's advertising to children.
Just the impression it gave me...
4. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2696; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Would you rather it repeated the word "magic" to get that effect?
5. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
They need to do something different, I agree. Verizon's LTE and Droid ads have been so sterile, dark and forboding lately. Show us the positive side of the new tech!
10. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
NOOOO! I LIKE THE DARK ADS! tech needs that bad assness! >:D
13. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I say they just throw something new into their ads like Michael said lol maybe include "Magic" "Revolutionary" and "You'll LOVE this phone" and for good measure maybe throw in a "This changes everything again" or "The BEST Android phone YET!!" /shrug ;)
6. testman22 (Posts: 338; Member since: 03 Nov 2009)
Where can i find myself one of those curved icecream sandwhiches? That looked delicous
7. mozes316 (Posts: 142; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
So I guess I'm the only one that wants the phone even more because of this commercial... lol
9. DR2703 (Posts: 4; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
I like it because if you want to take on the big piece o' fruit, you need to appeal to a softer side. The Droid Razr commercials are made for Xbox 360 Gears of War users. If Apple is great with marketing, then why can't Google be? It is what sells the phone and you need to appeal to the masses with "touchy feely". It is what it is.
11. Rayzin (Posts: 83; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I'm not quite sure what I was imagining the commercial to be like. I think I wanted something a bit darker and not so "touchy feely". But that would probably only appeal to the techies out there.
I just don't like the idea of someone seeing that commercial and then I chime in "That's the phone I want!".
And I do really want this phone.
14. CannedKarma (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
So Google makes a commercial with a wide-ranging demographic appeal and people start to complain about how it's not dark enough? I'd think that Apple's advertising (which this surely borrowed at least a few pages from) is more than enough concrete proof that this is the approach that works best in the markets the device is being targeted toward. This isn't about being 'touchy-feely'; it's about grabbing the attention of as many people as you possibly can and incenting them to buy your product. That's the entire purpose of marketing, and this commercial exemplifies just that.
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, i liked the ad they did here but i also like the Droid Does ads too.