Google giving employees holiday gift of Nexus 5 or Nexus 7?
0. phoneArena 06 Dec 2013, 15:04 posted on
A published report on Friday, if true, is going to make a lot of people wish that they were employed by Google. According to the report, Google employees are getting a nice holiday gift this year from the company. A tie? A sweater? How about a Nexus 5 or Nexus 7 (2013)? According to those in the know, last year's gifts included the choice of a Chromebook, a Motorola handset or the Nexus 7 tablet. In 2011, a customized Samsung GALAXY Nexus was given away as a gift...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
" Google could decide to clean out its inventory of the Nexus Q and give that out for next year's present."
Ya know they gave all the people who ordered it for free, then they canned it.
4. Alan01 (Posts: 372; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Yes, that is why it was a joke...oh well, they all can't be knee slappers!
2. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Btw, they did this with the Galaxy Nexus.
And I know this because of a google employee, posted on ars. And also he knows that the reason they didn't update it is because they can't - the TI team is no longer available to update the binary drivers for it. This is also the reason why google glass is also being replaced no charge for newer hardware.
5. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Considering all the other perks they get like great pay, benefits, free meals, free time to research their own projects, and those awesome campuses. I think most people already wish they worked at Google. This holiday gift is the equivalent of the cherry on top of the icing on the cake they gave you for dessert for free after the dinner you also got for free.
6. apple4never (Posts: 1064; Member since: 08 May 2013)
google is a great company, look at the employee benefits. after an employee dies they pay for their children's tuition and pay the wife/husband their partners half salary for 10 years ! Way to go google
11. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
#1 company in the world to work for, and for good reason. I'd love to get a job at the Googleplex when I finish school.
Strangely Apple is not in the top 10 on this list. hmmmmmmmm
7. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Feel good feelings, in this day and age, wow.
Lol, some other company probably gives out Starbuck coupons, or 10% off vouchers to buy their sheet.
8. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Apple probably just gives out an email saying thanks for making us 100 billion in liquid assets. You won't see any of it!
10. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Didn't Ivy get 17 million for a house fe years back?
9. E.S.1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
That's amazing. It must be nice to work for a real company that actually cares...
12. Diazene (Posts: 129; Member since: 01 May 2013)
Amazing? I though MS gave their employees a smartphone AND a tablet, and IIRC a PC too, yahoo also gave their employees a smartphone (they let them chose from the current flagships), so it's great, but not amazing
13. E.S.1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Maybe you should come work for my company that you would really appreciate this :)