Google gets ICS statue and launch event in Hong Kong is announced
1. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
ah, these are joyous days. :D
i forgot to take a look at the Honeycomb statue last year.
11. protozeloz (Posts: 5393; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I'll be happy with two things hardware acceleration and faster updates.
13. iammikelizardo (unregistered)
today is also very exited moment for any bb user that want to try android...
bye bye bb
3. Zoenphlux (Posts: 45; Member since: 05 Sep 2011)
lol.....plz read article fully first next time!!!!
32. suckit (unregistered)
stupid ass.....liking his own comment...what a loser......
4. Zoenphlux (Posts: 45; Member since: 05 Sep 2011)
SWEETT....I just realized i'll be off work for the live renouncement....finally.. don't have to read driv....i mean during wor...umm....before i get home :D
Will this be streamed live by chance?
7. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Cool, I need source for my 2.3.7 cappy.....
8. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Come to think of it, I do like ice cream sandwiches better than gingerbread, froyo, or eclairs! Very satisfying.
9. warlockz (Posts: 156; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
Nice I can finally upgrade my phone. I have to say moto knows how to build durable phones this phone has hit the floor numerous times and it keeps on ticking lol
10. iSheep (unregistered)
I really have no idea why in the world Google picked crappy ass Samsung to make their line of Nexus devices. Samsung makes great chips and screens, and they should just leave it at that. Nexus Prime is going to be junk just like every other Android out there. Silly Robot, Trix are for kids!
12. agentoj (Posts: 104; Member since: 29 Oct 2009)
Yeah sammy needs to improve their build quality, cause it is seriously lacking. Internals are great, and screens are sick. Hopefully sammy brings some quality materials for the phone's casing.
14. ayephoner (Posts: 849; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
anyone else find it strange that they postponed the first event and moved it to the day that apple is holding the public memorial event for Jobs? definitely makes you think there was more to the delay (although the change in location seems respectful)
18. ayephoner (Posts: 849; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
private this week, public next, i think. i saw 10/19 in an article today though.
21. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Due to the international dateline, this event will occur on Oct. 18 in the US.
23. protozeloz (Posts: 5393; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I'll be Home by That time, wonder how interesting things will be, hope we see something cool, but I'll wait. I don't expert it to be jaw dropping but may be nice
33. roscuthiii (Posts: 2010; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I'm guessing since Apple didn't delay the iPhone launch until after the mourning period Samsung saw no sense in holding off any longer.
Ah, what am I saying. There are people who will probably never stop mourning the "tragic and untimely loss of an inspirational innovator" as I've seen one person lament.
15. protozeloz (Posts: 5393; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
And that kills the rumor about a lethal defect or patent issues, it more evident they decided this on behalf of jobs death even if it was for respect towards him or to avoid having their news changed and people more worried about other things
17. tech-head (Posts: 132; Member since: 02 Sep 2011)
All I ask is that they announce Nexus Prime on AT&T day one.....
19. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
very very far from apple and Chinese slaves factory
29. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
What a cheap shot. Be happy ics is comming soon witch im sure will be great. Dont try and bash apple its not related at all to the article.
22. shynepo (Posts: 39; Member since: 21 May 2010)
......... oh and one more thing, please be available for sprint soon!!
31. RAIDERWILL (Posts: 22; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Sprint , T-Mo & Att already got their phone.. It's called the Samsung Galaxy SII.. You now know the reason Our Leader passed on that phone... Ladies and Gentlemen.. Behold.. The Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime 4G.. Exclusively on the Verizon 4G LTE Network........ :-)
With Unlimited Internet Access for us Grandfathered Faithful !
24. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Did they skip B entirely? They could've made a Black & White Cookie.
25. DigitalMD2 (unregistered)
so what's the betting line before any other phone sees an update to ICS?
27. firelightx (Posts: 71; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
ICS is supposed to be the start of Google's new initiative with manufacturers/carriers to see much more timely releases than we have been seeing. It's difficult to say whether or not that will hold true for pre-ICS phones, which is why ever since the google IO, I've sworn to hold off till I can buy ICS.
That was my favoritepart of the IO, though. HTC, Samsung, Sprint, Verizon (and about a dozen other names I didn't pay attention to) all pledged to support their phones with timely updates to new versions of android for the first 18 months of the product's life. Starting with ICS.
So we'll see how that goes.
26. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
thats weak.,,, they rented a Penske truck.. it would have been cool to have it deliver by an ice cream truck...hmmm
28. PRIME!!! (unregistered)
has anyone else come across this?
30. motorola (unregistered)
uhh thats a motorola phone with a screen pasted on it mate