Google forgets to include December in its Android 4.2 People app, Holidays are officially cancelled
0. phoneArena 19 Nov 2012, 02:40 posted on
Here is one big omission in Android 4.2 Jelly Bean - December. Yes, the whole month of December has disappeared…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. MeoCao (unregistered)
That's hilarious, from now on December will be replaced by Googlember, Santa Clause will be replaced by a certain green robot and you can wish anything you like as long as it's available in Play Store.
14. JonBjSig (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Or replace with Google's member.
I'd gladly suck on that rather than a candy cane.
15. MeoCao (unregistered)
Sure, Sergey Brin is now competing for Santa's position. He says he has practiced parachuting a lot and with the help of his Google glass can aim to the chimney with great precision.
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3024; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Maybe the Mayan calander freaked Android out :)
Nothing Google can't fix.
4. kamen (Posts: 85; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
They should have tried to save the world by omitting the End of the World day in December...
5. _Bone_ (Posts: 2139; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
That's pretty freaking funny. Must be an inside job. Developer responsible the bug must hate XMas.
6. frydaexiii (Posts: 1239; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Can't you see Google is just trying to save the world? If December doesn't exist, then December 21st can't happen right? Right? Guys???
7. TheOldOne (Posts: 102; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
confirmed on takju Galaxy Nexus running 4.2
8. protozeloz (Posts: 5381; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Guys Google just saved the world from being destroyed, with no December there is no Mayan calendar so the world is saved
9. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Aahh.....me , my son, my kids mother, her grandmother, her sister, old supervisor....wont have birthdays this year...
10. frustyak (Posts: 168; Member since: 08 Mar 2010)
Google dropped the ball with the 4.2 version. I have more than a few apps that broke after the update, and missing December? It sounds funny on the surface, but that's some seriously bad QA. What other bugs did they miss?
11. frydaexiii (Posts: 1239; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I know...Many have been calling Android 4.2 the Vista of Androids. Many apps broke, had to factory reset for it to be working properly, and it's obviously slightly laggier and a battery drainer, used to be able to go a whole day and be left with about 40%, now I hit 40% halfway thru...
To top that off, the lockscreen widgets thing is just clunky...Hope they polish everything up in 4.2.1 or something.
13. frustyak (Posts: 168; Member since: 08 Mar 2010)
Bluetooth broken when streaming music over wifi, Google Voice messaging broken, etc. It would be one thing if these were obscure bugs that only occured in rare circumstances and were hard to reproduce. But these are in-your-face bugs that should have stopped the update from being released.
4.1.2 was not that long ago. 4.2 has 'rushed' written all over it - probably to make sure it got included with the new Nexus devices.
17. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Vista gets a bad rap. After service paks....it became better. Just like XP did. Just like most OS's do after updates, fixes. Many dont remember when XP first came out.....it was considered a mess too. SP2 fixed alot of issues.
12. networkdood (Posts: 6326; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
you can just use the people app from 4.1.2 - download the gapps from the web and replace in system/apps folder using root explorer.
16. JunitoNH (Posts: 984; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
This has to be the worse update, ever. Galaxy Nexus performance is lacking and lagging.