A couple of minutes of playing with the app confirms it feels much snappier now. There are several nice interface tweaks. When you look at your stream you see more posts now, which is subtle but a nice feature for the smaller screens of our smartphones. The photos page from your stream now gets infinite scrolling, which is a much-appreciated UI tweak (see first image below), althogdugh the rate at which photos load depends greatly on the performance of your network connection.
The addition of a “What’s Hot!” is interesting. Time will tell to what degree Google’s algorithms can find trending items of interest to users. Unfortunately there isn't yet a similar update for iOS, but in the past they two version have usually been released quite close together. The official change log is below:
- Massive performance improvements across the app
- What's Hot!
- View who +1'd a post or comment
- Stream posts shortened to fit more per scroll
- Infinite photos feed in 'From your circles'
- Stream no longer jumps to the top for an automatic refresh
You can get the app at the source link. Let us know what you think of it in the comments below!
source: Android Market