Google files for patent to unlock your phone using a funny face
0. phoneArena 09 Jun 2013, 03:07 posted on
Filed in June of last year, Google’s facial recognition software could be configured to allow users to make...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Take that Apple!!
16. polrt (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Samsung fan unlock their phone by farting on the screen.
17. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
never heard that -__-"
18. polrt (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
So how do you explain the bad smell coming out from the S4
19. polrt (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
That's why all Samsung fans have a funny face like this?
they're just trying to unlock their phone?
And what happens if someone has already been born with a funny face ?
30. ashue (Posts: 28; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
well you have to switch over to apple... sorry to hear that about you....
20. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I always knew you were kinda retarded, but not to that extent..
22. polrt (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Yeah, I get that a lot, but my dad that he is currently the CEO of Samsung says it is inherited!
26. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
If your dad was the ceo of samsung you wouldn't be on a tech site.
27. polrt (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
You got me, you're very smart, you're probably a Samsung fan !
33. polrt (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
When I see you on the street makes funny faces to your phone I will be super Jealous. lol ®
35. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Not sure if the CEO of Samsung knows that he is dad of polrt :)
28. asulect (Posts: 131; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Apple's already moving in a different direction. They are going to the basic and use your fingerprint on the home key to unlock.
37. tedkord (Posts: 11880; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Time for a lawsuit. You slide your tongue out, so this infringes the slide to unlock patent.
6. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
lol, good idea in terms of security but very impractical; i would never be able to unlock my phone in public lol. silly ideas like these is why i love google, coz i think theyre doing it just for fun as well. why not use the camera for retina scan, that would be awesome!!!
11. Diazene (Posts: 129; Member since: 01 May 2013)
how would your phone camera capture your retina? I don't think it's even possilbe with such cameras
12. CellularNinja (Posts: 306; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
You realize how accurate and advanced the phone's front facing camera would have to be in order to scan your retina? A lot more than they are today that's for sure.
15. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
lol, i know that, but if we could it would be cool
7. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
I unlocked my phone just by reading that title. :)
8. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
even my picture can do that...xp
9. vincelongman (Posts: 4513; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Pretty good idea, but it seems like one of those features which you just play around with at first and then forget about it after.
13. sudhiir.reddy (Posts: 30; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
what to do if i am in a cremation ceremony and my phone asks me to smile...!
21. evarod48 (Posts: 154; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
what if you weren't doing a silly face and your phone unlocked just because you were weird looking?