Google executive discusses wider rollout of Google Glass
0. phoneArena 10 Nov 2013, 16:20 posted on
Timothy Jordan, Google's senior development advocate, spent part of his Saturday at the Engadget Expand conference in the New York City; Jordan discussed Google's planning for a larger rollout of Google Glass. "The goal is to make it more available so those who want Glass can get Glass," said Jordan, and Google has worked toward that goal by allowing Explorer members to pick three names each who will be allowed to buy the device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9070; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I want Google Glass, but there's no way in hell I'll be able to afford it.
2. Finalflash (Posts: 1944; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
I doubt it will be expensive since google just wants everyone to have their stuff so they can get ads up in your face. Can't wait for release though.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9070; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's $1,500 last time I checked, but that was a couple months ago.
5. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Thats for a developer model. The official one will be like $300.
8. xfire99 (Posts: 580; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
299US pricetag is what persons, have comapred with others devices and components prices. So it wont cost 299US, but less then 1500US have Google announced.
Sony HMZ-T1cost 1KUS when release and now around 800US. So Google Glass will be around that price tag as I guess.
11. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
My pair of glass is being delivered as we speak! Can't wait till I'm off work! And yes, even this second round cost $1500 + tax.....mine ran $1605 total.
17. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6802; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
U may be surprise if GOOGLE price these at either 299-399$ just saying. Plus I'll be using my tax refund for GOOGLE GLASS only thing i'll be buying next year
4. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6802; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Just roll out the damn GLASS already.
10. Sniggly (Posts: 7199; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Pebble's done okay, but from my viewpoint, Gear doesn't seem to be selling well.
13. downphoenix (Posts: 2498; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
could be becaues its $300, whereas the Pebble is like half that or less.
12. downphoenix (Posts: 2498; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Is it just me, or does EVERY picture I've ever seen of someone wearing Google Glass looks like they are a douche? So is Glass only for douches, or does it make you a douche?
15. downphoenix (Posts: 2498; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
are you telling me the guy in the image of this article does not look like a douche? Looks like the definition to me.
16. Sniggly (Posts: 7199; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I don't see any popped collar, spiked hair, or beer, so I'm going to say no to him being a douche.