Google didn't "believe 'rounded corners' were patentable"
0. phoneArena 11 Sep 2012, 18:58 posted on
Google may have come out and said that Apple's victory against Samsung won't have an effect on the Android ecosystem as a whole, but it seems that the company has still learned a lesson from the ordeal. In fact, Google's Vice President for Corporate Development David Lawee...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
LOL google you say the darndest things (:
14. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Why on earth would any one want to patent rounded corners phone?
An Edge2Edge phone looks much concept and contempt, stylish, and sexy; it's like SONY. high-end Plasma TVs they don't have rounded corners. Recall the Nokia N74 concept! Italian and German concept iPhone, there all Edge2Edge, with rear flat back....!
2. Droiddoes (unregistered)
Give them enough iCash and they'll patent the letter 'E' for you. Disgusting broken system being taken advantage of by a disgusting company.
5. MeoCao (unregistered)
Absolutely agree, you just don't simply file the application for rounded corners and get the patent. You have to pay over the top, much over the top to get it.
I think the system is not only broken, it's corrupted.
32. moroninc (Posts: 191; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
Disgusting Rotten Apple Inc. I will stop buying iphones ithis ithat ietc.
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
I'm afraid I have to agree what Google say...
Whether it is rectangular or not it shouldn't be patented...
6. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
I think wendygarett needs to put back her avatar :) your so much hotter than that apple haha
8. Sniggly (Posts: 7221; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
No, you're right, these comment sections go way better when we have five guys hitting on Wendy over a profile picture that's not even of her.
25. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Wendy is probably a dude trolling all of you.
27. Sniggly (Posts: 7221; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Quite possibly. Or she could be a woman.
Either way it's a perfect example of why women hate using internet forums and identifying themselves as such.
36. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
she's not a woman. we called "her" on multiple pictures which ended up being Vietnamese models
11. wendygarett (unregistered)
But I personally think that Apple logo is hotter... Sorry for my fanboyism
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
SONY SIGN LOOKS WAY MUCH BETTER!
LIKE NO OTHERS
28. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
like this one? o wait you mean "SONY" got cha ;)
haha sony ftw.......yet again!
30. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
wendy im startin to think you are bipolar LOL how are you gonna say you are a fan"girl" of apple after that "apple vs samsung" trial that you were apart of with us??? why apple now? cuz iphone 5 is gonna be here soon? sigh.......... pic a side and if you can help it.......please be wise and stay with android so we dont have to rag on you in the future for being with that corrupt company...........Jus sayin
31. wendygarett (unregistered)
Is being an Apple fans is wrong??
35. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
who said wendy was a girl??? my assumption is that it's a sad internet troll like some crunchy spanish sounding jerk that we all know... just disguised with a feminine name and a chick's picture most of the time. Amazing how when she got called on using a Vietnamese chick's picture "she" changed it to an apple icon.
15. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
is wendygareet really a girl? True her old Avatar was nice, with nice big b♡♡b$!
19. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Haha exactly why it should be put up..... But good question though.
24. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
she makes a comment on every post, she's on PA 247 kinda.
7. C-LouD (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
"Hey, the CEO of Samsung have rounded head, let's sue him!!!"
9. Sniggly (Posts: 7221; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Sounds like Google waited too long to do legal research, which I can't entirely blame them for. Rounded corners should not be patentable. On a larger scale, their naivete over the need to patent the s**t out of everything they do so that they don't get their asses sued off is quite endearing.
10. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
His last name is Lawee, you would think he would know a thing or two about laws.
12. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Maybe APPLE should also patent the art of thievery....
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6878; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
DAMN STRAIGHT they weren't patentable
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Even the LG g and SONY s. looks much better looking phone than iPhone.
21. Lyngdoh (Posts: 225; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
iHate apple's ridiculous patents.
Y dont they patent rectangular screen? No, no I've patent rectangular display. U use square, oval, circular,etc..
23. housecat (Posts: 8; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
This reminds of when Monster Cables sued Monster mini golf for the use of the word 'Monster'. Absolutely ridiculous.
33. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Ever heard of WINDOWS suing LINDOWS because LINDOWS sounded too much like WINDOWS?
34. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the difference is monster is an actual word. lindows is not. lindows is MEANT to sound like windows.
37. ddeath (Posts: 165; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
More or less confirms my thoughts, that $omething is $eriously 'wrong' with the US patent office.