Google did not buy WiFi provider ICOA, press release was false
0. phoneArena 26 Nov 2012, 11:13 posted on
The dream was closer for a few minutes there. With rumors swirling about Google planning to build its own data-centric wireless carrier, the news that Google had purchased WiFi provider ICOA made the rounds very quickly this morning. But, it turns out that info came from a false press release...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Adianshadows (Posts: 66; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
How can this be?! The Interwebs never lie!!!
6. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
And I thought the Press was a trustable source, we were all mistaken! ;(
4. McLTE (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Hrmmm.. shouldn't this be something that is VERIFIED before posting? Isn't that what responsible journalism is supposed to be about?
I like this site.. but man, I'm sick of coming here and seeing stories like this.
5. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2686; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Why is this story a hit on us? We didn't report the story when it was unknown to be a fake, we only reported after it had been confirmed as false, just in case any readers had seen the story earlier and needed the new info.