Google buys Songza to beef up Play Music
0. phoneArena 02 Jul 2014, 11:31 posted on
The deal has been rumored for a little bit, and today Google announced that it has agreed to purchase streaming music service Songza for an undisclosed sum. Google says it will be integrating Songza's functionality into Google Play Music and maybe even YouTube, but has not mentioned how long the standalone Songza app will continue to exist...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tettech (Posts: 59; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
I'm a huge Songza user, let's hope this gives an edge to Google to compete in the music streaming industry and not ruin Songza to cease and desist.
2. SellPhones82 (Posts: 502; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Hopefully this makes for much better Radio stations on Google Music. They are pretty basic right now and need an overhaul. The names of some of the Songza activities are hilarious and oddly specific.
4. tschlicht (Posts: 11; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
I found Songza years ago because Pandora didn't work in Mexico but Songza did. I hope they keep the international thing going. I"m not sure if Play music already does or not.
5. garlic456 (Posts: 167; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
They should first enable Google Play Music in all countries, they are too late. All the people have been rocking iTunes since 3 or 4 years in Turkey.
8. ScottSchneider (Posts: 316; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Wow... Please also delete your PA account and run into your cave,...