Google building Metro Chrome for Windows 8
0. phoneArena 07 Jun 2012, 16:12 posted on
Google has been terrible about supporting Windows Phone, there's no secret in that statement. But, word is coming out that Google is working on a Chrome browser...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Giving a glass of ice water to the people in Hell using IE. Thanks Google.
Microsoft should really try to improve IE, haha. One of the main reasons that I don't prefer a Windows Phone.
10. tarozeero (Posts: 16; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
What are you talking about? IE on Windows Phone is almost flawless. Scrolling & load times are all pretty damn quick for single-core processors.
11. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
very basic browsing is fine, but anything advanced is awful: HTML5 support is non-existent, and if you try to load image-heavy pages it will either stop loading or crash. IE on WP is terrible compared to most browsers on other platforms.
14. indigo87 (Posts: 40; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
excuse EXCUSE me you need get your facts straight don't start something thats not true michael.
I have a wp and it never crashes, so stop that mess cause you don't know what your talking about, by the way html5 support does exist why do you think most web pages have already changing over to html5 .... cause the internet is going that way like it or not, yes flash is great but html5 loads faster that why people are switching to get more trafic on their web pages.
15. andyboi_ph (Posts: 101; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
obviously he doesn't own WP that's why he can easily say those things 'hypothetically-speaking' . I own one and it never crashes at it always runs smoothly.
13. Croxy (Posts: 55; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
IE 9 is a really good browser, you won't believe me until you try it. So stop writing s**tty things about things you don't know. I personally prefer Chrome but all this s**t talking is useless.
2. eDiesel (Posts: 141; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Thats ***. Android 2.x still cant get it.......
3. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
how does this makes a point? android 2.x cant get it because it uses an old SDK with an api lvl of 8 while chrome needs an api level of 14.... also windows 8 is not even on the market yet......
5. sprockkets (Posts: 1494; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
What part of "this is a metro app for Windows8 on x86" don't you understand?
Forget smartphones, forget tablets, forget anything WP7 or WP8 - this is for the "desktop" you know so well from years past.
7. eDiesel (Posts: 141; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
What part of android 2.x not having it did you not understand?
9. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Who cares if 2.x can't get it yet? Why should Google have to make a crappier product just to support an old system that will be gone in a year? Things need to move forward.
4. pongkie (Posts: 508; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
I'm trying out w8rp and metro ie sucks. i think i will avoid any w8 rt tablets
6. jove39 (Posts: 1415; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
And IE10 remains most unused shortcut on Windows8
12. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 550; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
I wish that IE on Windows Phone had Flash support, but otherwise the browser isn't too shabby and it is very quick.