Google announces Google Play Games Services with cross-platform gaming
0. phoneArena 15 May 2013, 11:41 posted on
We had heard that Google was working on a platform called Google Play Games, and the official announcement has been made. The platform comes in the form of a number of new APIs under the heading of Google Play Games Services, and it will offer all of the features that we came to expect based on various APK teardowns, but the real surprise is that Google is releasing the APIs for iOS and the web as well for true cross-platform gaming...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Modern combat Android vs iOS teams?
I'm in :D
7. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 878; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
There's been many game center type things before apple came up with it such as x-box.
8. jroc74 (Posts: 5732; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Let me ask a question....and I'm being serious here.....
If someone, some company creates, invents, innovates something...they should be the only ones to do it? Would you be happy with one TV, one PC, 1 car?
By your logic...Apple copied MS, Palm, BB, by making the orig iPhone...
9. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
lol you serious, please dont say you believe that apple invented the idea of a game centre type service
10. gustavoace (Posts: 163; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Just like Steam, PSN, Live, et al. They are all like copying...
11. vincelongman (Posts: 3328; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Also Google Play Games has cloud backup and in game chat which game center and mobile xbox live (not sure, haven't used mobile xbox live so sorry if I'm wrong) doesn't have.
6. PhoneCritic (Posts: 510; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
This is a welcome service. Good news coming out of I/O.