Google announces Chrome for iPhone and iPad
0. phoneArena posted on 28 Jun 2012, 12:31
Google announces that they are bringing their popular Chrome browser to iOS devices later today...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. cranzie44 posted on 28 Jun 2012, 12:50 1 2
I will need to experience it before I can give my opinion but I do use it on my laptop.
3. frustyak posted on 28 Jun 2012, 13:01 5 1
So, let me get this straight - Chrome will be available for iOS, but not for the majority of Android users (Chrome is still ICS-only. Gingerbread users need not apply). Doesn't that seem a bit strange?
16. groupsacc posted on 28 Jun 2012, 15:45 3 2
root & flash.
26. kartik4u98 posted on 29 Jun 2012, 00:09 0 1
yep! jus root your phone and flaSH A STABLE ICS ROM
4. Fallout09 posted on 28 Jun 2012, 13:05 3 1
Not really.... Google already has our money.... and with Apple moving away from Google Maps this can inject another revenue stream from ads.
5. frydaexiii posted on 28 Jun 2012, 13:09 5 1
Not like it'll make a huge difference, they still can't set it as a default browser. Have fun copying and pasting urls
6. slaggyb posted on 28 Jun 2012, 13:19 3 3
Google gradually moving away from flash... Making chrome the default browser for nexus 7 means no more flash support..... My blackberry playbook is still the best out there and got the best mobile browser on any tablet so far besting even the so called new ipad in html5 test...
27. kartik4u98 posted on 29 Jun 2012, 00:10 0 0
but.. in android one can change the default browser..
firefox,dolphin hd, opera have flash support
28. Sangeet posted on 29 Jun 2012, 00:17 0 0
and does 'Safari' come with flash? no
So if anyone owns an Ipad and would want to use a browser say chrome they would be switching from a Non-Flash browser to a Non-Flash Browser, will that make any difference? Again, NO
So atleast think something before making a comment
8. Muhannad posted on 28 Jun 2012, 13:29 0 2
This is great news for iOS users but it's still pretty disappointing that Google is taking care of it's Gingerbread users especially when a large percentage of Android users are still on Gingerbread. This will hopefully be way faster than Safari!
23. Mitchel posted on 28 Jun 2012, 20:21 0 0
Safari is very good browser for iPad, but it's inferior than Google Chrome when it comes to functionality..
11. kirholstov posted on 28 Jun 2012, 13:45 5 2
It will be great, if only it won't crash every 10 min like Safari does
13. kirholstov posted on 28 Jun 2012, 14:49 3 0
Posted this comment from my iPad, already using Chrome)) like it ) much faster than Safari!
14. Fallout09 posted on 28 Jun 2012, 14:59 2 1
Did someone just go though and give a "Thumbs Down" to everyone? Was it an upset fandroid doesnt want izombies get to use his beautiful chrome or a mad isheep who doesn’t want an alternative google made browser on his idevice?
15. Muhannad posted on 28 Jun 2012, 15:21 1 1
You're right, I noticed and went on ahead and gave everyone a thumbs up.
19. jove39 posted on 28 Jun 2012, 18:21 1 2
Like the idea of izombies...gonna write to fpsrussia to use this name ;)
17. DigitalBoy05 posted on 28 Jun 2012, 16:25 0 0
im surprised apple is allowing the browser in their app store because it directly competes with iOS features. I'm a android user but I do have a iPad3 for doing limited tasks like web surfing and netflix. Chrome is my default browser on my nexus so it will be interesting if you can sync credentials and other info between the two platforms.
20. good2great posted on 28 Jun 2012, 18:31 1 1
It's not that awesome guys.... It's ok but very buggy especially on this site
21. reccatyo posted on 28 Jun 2012, 18:55 2 0
There's incognito mode in chrome. If you know what i mean. :))
25. rudlie posted on 28 Jun 2012, 21:55 1 0
I'm not explore more about the other features but the benchmark result of chrome ios was lower than safari ios. if you test with html5test, the chrome still using ios webkit, not a native browser.
29. slaggyb posted on 29 Jun 2012, 06:26 0 0
Its funny cos adobe just annouced the will never be flash support for andriod jelly bean . From now until august 24th the will be no more flash plugin in the play store so andriod users better stick with gingerbread or those already running icecream sandwich should just forget about updating to jelly bean if you are indeed a flash lover....just saying