Google and Samsung announce the Nexus 10
0. phoneArena 29 Oct 2012, 11:54 posted on
Google's announcements are coming fast and furious right now. We already saw the LG Nexus 4, and now we've got the info on the Google Nexus 10 tablet. The Nexus 10 is a beast of a device, with the main feature being a rumor come true: a 2650x1600 display...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. tahnik (Posts: 133; Member since: 17 Jul 2011)
Specs are amazing but this is too ugly to buy...
They should take help from Sony for design....
27. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1087; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Sony is literally dead so its a good thing they dont take cues from Sony...they dont wanna go that way!
Whats ugly about it...it looks a lot like the Note 10.1 which has a decent enough design and the specs on this beast are awesome
30. itsjustJOH (Posts: 85; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
The design is not just for aesthetic purposes. Watch this video from The Verge, then you'll understand why they did this and that.
46. dodo1234 (Posts: 36; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
The design is fine, besides, the majority of ppl, myself included, place a back cover on their smartphone anyways :)
22. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1087; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
OMG! OMG! OMG!
Its here...finally a tablet with the sweeeeeet Super AMOLED baby!
check out the price for this beast...$399...take my money ...u better take it or I am gonna shove it to you Google!
THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
24. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1359; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Join the club .......I'm glad I didn't buy the Note 10.1 ......399 means I can get 2 for me and my girlfriend
44. stealthd (Posts: 969; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Except it isn't really AMOLED, phonearena kind of jumped the gun there.
52. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1087; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
oh man! but this jelly bean offering is sweet enough even now :)
3. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
This is my next!! But will that support cellular connection? or just wifi only?
19. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1359; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
WiFi only buddy ......I think they will add a cellular modem next year like the Nexus 7 3G
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
Wow, great value now the adapted apps are coming.
43. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Asus infinity has a 3G version , any information on the nexus 10 ?
6. darkvadervip (Posts: 337; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Boring. The human eye can only see so much. No thanks.
15. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
STFU. This shows you know nothing about tech. the human eye can perceive upto 477ppi at a normal viewing distance if it has .6 arc minute vision. So many people may have less than .6 arc minute vision. So If its boring then get the hell out of here...
25. hung2900 (Posts: 805; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
OK but we still need something more than full-HD on 10.1 inch tablet in which 2650x1600 resolution is the best for 16:10 aspect ratio.
And we still need a fastest updated device (Nexus) and a fastest hardware (first Cortex A15 with powerful Mali604 GPU)
50. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4070; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Have fun with that Exynos 5, King. I wonder where Remix is, he should be drooling over this,
8. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
All tablets need a amoled display due to the screen buttons that never go away.
Day One Buy :-)
11. IEatApples (Posts: 66; Member since: 06 Jul 2011)
Very nice tablet and specs but android tablets have been around for over 2 years now and the app catalog for tablets is still unacceptably small and the apps that do exist are absolute garbage compared to ipad apps. Android has a lot of potential for tablets but won't ever do well until developers get on board and make some beautiful tablet apps like in ios.
16. McLTE (Posts: 711; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
It's no different than with the phones..
With more tablets sold, the apps will explode in numbers.
Trust me.. the pricing on the Nexus7 and 10.. will make for some impressive sales.. which leads to developers scrambling to get in on that action!
This is good for Android tablets.. reasonable price and great specs! I'd take this over an iPad any day!
20. tahnik (Posts: 133; Member since: 17 Jul 2011)
yes....Android has always grown better than anyone...
But this is ugly as hell...
14. ilia1986 (unregistered)
2650x1600 Super AMOLED?! OMG - That's just too awesome, Samsung! :D
Eat that iPad\mini!
Shame there's no SD card though, but hey - you always got the cloud. :)
18. tahnik (Posts: 133; Member since: 17 Jul 2011)
Man,Android doesn't even much apps for 1024x768...
23. Sakeem (Posts: 252; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
An SD slot would have put this over the top. I'm looking forward to seeing the unboxing and performance videos.
29. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Google - FAIR, and innovative
Latest and greatest technology for minimal price
Apple - GREEDY and arrogant
Two year old technology for maximum price
32. maxspecs (Posts: 32; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
well i think this tablet is really revolutionary unlike the nexus 4
34. The_Innovation (Posts: 563; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Now Apple can't even claim having the best resolution with their "Retina".
36. deuel_18 (Posts: 54; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
now the have to edit their commercials saying "this is the second best retina display" XD
42. The_Innovation (Posts: 563; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Yea they lost this battle as well.
45. DerryAhmad (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Wish this has a 3G/LTE connection. Maybe an updated one next year?
47. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
sounds good...especially the new cortex-a15 exynos 5!!!
but i actually dislike the whole plastic construction!!! lighter than the iPad 4?yes... but will it be a premium looking device compare to the iPad 4? NO!
plastic make it sounds so cheap!
even though its just $399, still hope that it is not a plastic device!! hope they'll use premium material!!
this is the reason why i dont like samsung making the designs... they could do the hardware but not designs!! they're a big disaster!!!
48. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5620; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i think i'll be a little open minded here because a down side to larger tablet is their unwieldiness. o:
49. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
but actually 10" is not that big... but it is big!
the only thing that i'll consider big is the surface tablet! 10.6" is ridiculously tall in portrait and long in landscape!
i hope microsoft stick to the 10.1"! so im hoping the lumia tablet will have 10.1" below screen size! for being comfortable in the hands!
53. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5620; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's big compared to what i want and that's something i'm just completely comfortable with just grabbing and taking places on a whim. my Xyboard 8.2 could fit in my back pocket and i could use it with one hand. if i wanted to bring something that was inconvenient then i'd just bring my ridiculously more powerful Laptop.
51. schinnak (Posts: 83; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Looks fantastic. but no SD card slot? Why Sammy why???? Thats the huge let down for me :-((