Google and Apple reported to be holding "nuclear disarmament" talks
0. phoneArena 30 Aug 2012, 15:40 posted on
According to Reuters, the two technology giants have been holding ongoing talks at the highest levels in an attempt to resolve the mobile patent wars...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Hell no. Keep the "nukes" and usem on apple! Level there HQ(which I guess would mean put them all out of the job lol)
3. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I can imagine this.
"GENIUSES! TO BATTLE! FOR NARNIA!"
Then they all get slaughtered by giant green robots with nukes.
End scene. That was beautiful. Cut, print. :P
28. MeoCao (unregistered)
Several Apple's patents are under reexamination at USPTO, b-c Apple's patents are very weak we can assume they are afraid.
39. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
eff it, it's about time Android went thermonuclear on you Assle!
4. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Apple will destroy Android because it is stolen product blah blah blah..."
And suddenly they want peace... Isn't it strange, does Apple is afraid ? :)
17. DigitalBoy05 (Posts: 203; Member since: 04 Jun 2011)
your avatar looks like apple with a erection lol. although if its green you might want to see a doctor.
47. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
And if your face is blue, you also have to see a doctor. :D
More and more people likes my avatar, even those with dirty minds. :D
25. joey_sfb (Posts: 3485; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I thought they have cash in on their patents for 2b not bad for patents that should not be issued in the first place.
9. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Yes!!! Take no prisoners!!! Or better yet,make them work at Foxconn...lol
33. remixfa (Posts: 14224; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
what a great punishment that would be "as punishment for wasting tax dollars on your patent trolling, all Apple execs are here by ordered to work 1 month at your Chenzen factory in china. You will have no access to the outside world, your accounts, or be treated any differently than the people you pay $1 an hour to make your ipads. And you will be paid starting wages."
11. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I doubt that Apple and Google are talking about global dis-armament. Unless Google was awarded a patent for the Notification function. Then things change completely. Having to go back to a beep for notifications would really set iOS back and could result in market share dilution.
13. Ueliton (Posts: 34; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
That would be perfect because Apple ridiculously ripped the notifications bar from android... but I don´t think that´s the case, because Android is open source...
15. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I used to have a notifications bar in old pocket pc phone. Just saying, that predates google's OS quite a bit.
23. AstronautJones (Posts: 274; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
That has not stopped the patents from being granted to Apple. Part of the problem, just approve it and let the courts sort it out, that is their motto!
35. remixfa (Posts: 14224; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yea, your pocket PC didnt have a slide down top bar with active notifications, widgets, ect.
Its a bit different.
37. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
And that is part-and-parcel of the Google patent application. If the patent issues, Apple is in a world of hurt.
18. ph00ny (Posts: 606; Member since: 26 May 2011)
iirc, notification bar patent was filed already and google is waiting for it to be processed. It's only a matter of time
50. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Yes, you remember correctly. The application may be near issuance. It all depends on the examination process.
51. remixfa (Posts: 14224; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
maybe google got some prelim information about it back and it sounds like its all going to go through soon.. and THATS why they called Apple.. to "congratulate" them on a huge OS patent infringement. lol
52. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
If Google were to tell Apple about a notice of allowance to issue, but the patent hadn't actually issued, Apple could file a lawsuit to tie up the issue of the patent. No patent, no patent infringement.
Google will wait until they have the patent number. Then it is open season on iOS.
16. JessJess (unregistered)
I fail to see where it said Apple went to Google. It just said they talked... so where you get this from I have no clue. Wishful thinking?
27. joey_sfb (Posts: 3485; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Apple will continue their war path regardless. Peace talk is just a tactic to give competitors a false sense of hope for peace as competitors prepare to strike with their own patents.
31. JessJess (unregistered)
Damned if they do and damned if they don't I guess. Epic.
48. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"It just said they talked..."
If Apple believes that they are right, then about what they want to talk, mmm??? Why then Apple goes in to talks???
Remember that Apple has started all this suing marathon not Google!
54. JessJess (unregistered)
Apple obviously never talked to Samsung either.
55. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Yes, it is ridiculous, I agree. :)
5. remixfa (Posts: 14224; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Apple doesnt talk "Peace". They make unreasonable demands to watch you squirm and permanently injure your business. Or they sue your for a billion dollars over a rectangle and green phone icon if you dont bend.
If Apple is talking "peace", then El Goog must have sent an email to Apple with something a long the lines of "hey, we bet you think that your big shyt with your Samsung win. However, we'd like to show you some patents that we hold that you might be interested in knowing that your still infringing on. Oh.. and these are big patents too.. so you might want to pay attention. Now, if you are ready to come to the big boy's table and negotiate a permanent truce, we will talk.. otherwise prepare to be banned in the US for patent infringement".
After Apple peed itself reading down the list of patent violations knowing that its violating... consulting with its horde of vicious lawyers who said they would probably lose... then they called El Goog begging for a meeting begging and pleading not to sue them for patent infringements. "I'll stop bullying the Android mobile world if you just please please make these infringements go away... oh.. El Goog the great!"
That's my version of it anyways. lol
32. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
I wouldnt say that apple "called EL Goog begging for a meeting" they are too prideful for that
...although I certainly do think they peed themselves xD
8. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Yeah. Apple doesn't want to go against the Almighty Goog. Apple knows that EVERYONE uses Google, so even in corrupt courts with a misinformed jury, the odds would NOT be in their favor.
22. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
That was awesome.
I wish it to be true, but hey, I think Google would've done such thing long ago.
Also, Cook did said he hates legislation.
36. remixfa (Posts: 14224; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yea, he said that. words are worthless. Since he's been at the helm, lawsuits have gone up, not down. I believe he's also one that "offered" the $40 per phone patent for rectangles to keep out of the courts.
Goog has a rep of being a much more open company. I suspect they've reached out to Apple many a times and gotten their hand slapped each time.
42. kanagadeepan (Posts: 737; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Full news is "Cr00k, Sorry Cook hates Patent Wars (AGAINST APPLE ONLY)"...
40. mrochester (unregistered)
You live in some bizarre fantasy land!
7. protozeloz (Posts: 5383; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
yes! please stop this nonsense war of pattens and develop a nice market and idea sharing options, Honestly their thermonuclear war against MS didn't end up any better for them, its wise to be sharing resources
10. Shino (banned) (Posts: 196; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Bhahaha! After the court fail of Samsung Giggle is seeking truce...how pathetic!
14. redsox420 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Yeah Giggle is giggling. They know the only real hit Sammy took was on a look alike design which is 100% bs.. Might I direct you to every Fn tv in any store which sells tvs. I dare you to put 10, 42" tvs side by side and you'll maybe get 50% right just by guessing, because they all look alike. Apple came in with a BS Bestbuy survey which said that customers were returning various apple/sammy products because they thought they bought the other.. Its the CUSTOMER who is at fault along with worst buy who didn't listen to the customers..
. So what Apple did was won on stupid pidly OLD designs on software and a rectangle all of which are now outdated, except still in use by Apple. Apple is 100% afraid of Google. Why else would Apple only go after Sammy? If there is "infringement" as Apple claims, why not go after the true source, Android? Hmmm Apple can't stand on its own merits anymore. They only have a 4 inch screen coming out now and thats old and outdated already.. But yeah, Apple is on the foreskin front of the smartphone movement
34. remixfa (Posts: 14224; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
even the jury said that android doesnt infringe on iOS. :)
26. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
ahh, SHINO? Another profile of strikercho.
12. skymitch89 (Posts: 1145; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Good to see that Google is stepping up and trying to resolve the patent lawsuits, considering it is mostly Android devices and Android features that are in the cross hairs of Apple.
19. xoutrageousx (Posts: 70; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
You guys do realize if they were to go into court and go into everything, the only ones that are hurt is us the consumers....so this is actually really good for every consumer out there.
Business is not a video game.
20. MartyK (Posts: 728; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Google better watch it's back when dealing with a SNAKE like APPLE..
21. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
first is Apple and Google having their talks. and then Samsung with MS.. WTF???
24. JessJess (unregistered)
Twilight Zone :)
30. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I found a video of the ongoing talks between GOOGLE and APPLE:
38. MIKE SAECHAO (Posts: 12; Member since: 14 Dec 2009)
why can android and apple just get along and come up with a super smart phone, im sure we all want that to happen dont we?
44. FoxconnUS (Posts: 5; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
Where is Ardent1 with his arguing historical opinions?
45. FoxconnUS (Posts: 5; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
Why would Apple even contemplate talks with Google when Apple is the original innovator?
They have nothing to worry about right????
46. bomariam1 (Posts: 30; Member since: 08 May 2012)
Apple should be punched first.
They must understand that court is not the place for technology.
53. roscuthiii (Posts: 1883; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Not only should the pending Notification Bar patent be considered here, but the current Motorola suit against Apple as well; I'm guessing Apple might be feeling some pressure and that's why they're willing to talk.
Plus, I'm sure Larry Page wanted to congratulate Apple on their "legal" victory... and maybe make a small mention of what might happen if Samsung is vindicated on appeal and some of Apple's IP is invalidated. You know, just to give Timmy something to think about.