Google and Apple open bidding for Kodak’s patents
0. phoneArena 07 Aug 2012, 07:30 posted on
Kodak is one of the giants in the camera industry and now that the company has declared bankruptcy, it’d rely on its patents to pay out creditors…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. -box- (Posts: 3821; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Good luck, Google! Keep the patent troll at bay!
23. stealthd (Posts: 969; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
The Google cheerleading here is just bizarre. This is how fanboys are born.
26. jroc74 (Posts: 4962; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Seeing how Google and Apple has done with their patents.....I say its a valid point.
Not so much cheering for Google...but cheering against Apple. More patents for more lawsuits?
To repeat what he said: Good luck Google! Keep the patent troll at bay!
31. joey_sfb (Posts: 3003; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Patent are anti-consumer. Should reduce their life cycle to 3 years.
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8692; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Please outbid the rotten fruit and get these parents. Give Kodak the $2.6 billion they are asking for and use these patents to your advantage.
Sincerely, a happy Android user.
15. nofear (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Very nicely said and thank you for your support.
3. ahomad (Posts: 154; Member since: 15 May 2012)
"The company in Cupertino has plenty of cash to outbid Google if it wants"
I don't agree with this point. Google is as rich as apple (may be not as much) but they have more than $40 billion in reserve. and I am sure that Apple won't pay more than that for these patents. so it is not a matter that apple will get it if they want to. its a matter of which one (Apple or Google) think it deserve more and which one is willing to pay more.
4. bloodline (Posts: 693; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
last thing we want is apple getting these,
5. chocolatebear76 (Posts: 121; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
Is apple really got more money than google?i wish to know this fact
12. Ohrules (Posts: 320; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
yeah, apple's likes 3 times richer than google
7. Fallout09 (Posts: 418; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I hate to say it but I see Apple flexing there wallet in a show of power. Good luck Google.
8. Stayfly2407 (Posts: 49; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
Come on APPLE! Make it rain on google lol we need this
9. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Apple should not be allowed to even bid. Google is trying to get them to protect themselves and their partners so they can keep making an awesome OS and awesome phones. Where Apple, is just trying to get them so they can go on the attack and hopefully setup a ecosystem where they are the only one with a smartphone and if anyone else does comes out with one, they would have pay a crap load to Apple for license fees. This would not be good for the consumers.
10. darkvadervip (Posts: 333; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Let's go apple and Microsoft needs to be the backup to apple. Time to demolish google
11. marchels14 (unregistered)
if Google dos not get these patents all the other companies who make smartphones are screwed and we are also ,so Google please buy them if you don't the fair smartphone market is over and rain of rotter Apple begins to rise.
13. xtian1103 (Posts: 361; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
as if you are 100% sure google won't use these patents to stop it's competitors. as much as you want to portray google as a hero fighting a villain, there's still a devil inside them.
14. MartyK (Posts: 714; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Name one company Google sue that did not sue them first!!.
And a link also..no just-because-you say-so either.
17. xtian1103 (Posts: 361; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
"the hand in the cookie jar!"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Google
19. audiblenarcotic (Posts: 108; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I used your link and it lead to a page that doesn't exist.
22. xtian1103 (Posts: 361; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
oh sorry to make you work harder. you can search it from mr. google if you want. i'm not forcing you to do so, but then that supposed to be the link for martyk.
27. matrix_neo (Posts: 321; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
as usual اsheep can't support their claims... there's a devil also inside a fruit (a.k.a. apple) look those people who ate that fruit... they became part of a cult. It's quite obvious you're being a part of them now.
What do you think apple will do with Kodak patents? If they able to use those patent in suing Samsung and other companies, how much more if they owned Kodak patents. Think first before you post!!!
28. jroc74 (Posts: 4962; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Exactly. Even if it they did sue first....must not have been a big deal. I'm sure there would be news about it.
Its not so much cheering for Google, but cheering against Apple. Ppl that have seen whats happened with lawsuits over the past 3 years should understand this.....unless they are Apple, iPhone fanboys.
16. andro. (Posts: 1960; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
If Apple gets these patents they will lead a legal tirade against every phone manufacturer and camera manufacturer possible. Also any Kodak patents or innnovations will also be name wiped from history and hence forth be known as 'apple' innovations and inventions.
18. 9_HeLLs_oF_DrOid (Posts: 124; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
Google will definitely lose. Apple has cash and that's what matters.
20. blazee (Posts: 284; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
Btw I'm loosing the good perception of Microsoft now that they are teaming up w apple on this
25. Gaurav008 (Posts: 274; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Google is also getting the support of Samsung ,LG And HTc...as their partners in bidding...while apple is teaming up with Microsoft...Fair Enough...i guess..
29. jroc74 (Posts: 4962; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Whats wild about that....is those 3 companies you named also make WP phones...
30. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
oh i wish RIM could buy some patents too! i want them to live!!!
32. Gaurav008 (Posts: 274; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Well ...i think there was anothrr article regarding this where it was said that google is teaming up with the above mentioned companies
33. Lwazi_N (Posts: 205; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
Apple can apply for the exact same patents Kodak owns, and be granted those. They have done it before, if you recall the multitouch saga- of which that patent was granted to another company back in the 90s.