x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
  • Home
  • News
  • Google allows sale of applications for Android

Google allows sale of applications for Android

Posted: , by John V.

Tags:

Google allows sale of applications for Android
Android developers will now be able to trek the road to riches thanks to Google allowing the sale of applications in its Android App Market. Users of the Android powered mobile operating system will be able to download all software for free until sometime during Q1 2009. Developers will also be glad to know that they will keep 70 percent of the revenue they gather. The other 30 percent will go towards carriers and billing settlement fees. Not everyone will be able to provide paid apps right out of the gate with the exception of the United States, UK, Germany, Austria, Netherlands, France, Italy, and Spain. Support for developers in other countries won't happen until the end of the first quarter. We have already seen how consumers have downloaded both free and paid applications for their devices. From the useful to the useless, there will always be that one person that purchases that one software out of curiosity.

via: Mobile Tech Today



6 Comments
  • Options
    Close




posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:42

1. SellPhones82 (Posts: 490; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)


I hope you can a least preview an app or have a 2 or 3 day trial before you have to purchase it just in case you have buyers remorse or the app is not as expected.

posted on 05 Jan 2009, 11:18

2. merkeke (Posts: 62; Member since: 03 Jan 2009)


alot of apps on the iphone they have a run down version that is free, then another one with more features that you will have to pay for.

posted on 05 Jan 2009, 15:21

3. cartman (Posts: 45; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)


Does that mean no more free apps?

posted on 05 Jan 2009, 17:13

4. iff2mastamatt (unregistered)


I want to make that $999 app "I am rich" for the android! 8 people bought it on the Iphone..... that's $5600!

posted on 06 Jan 2009, 00:53

5. cartman (Posts: 45; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)


Ha ha, if this did happen, it will be interesting to see Google/T-Mobile's response. and the backlash by the consumer(s).

posted on 06 Jan 2009, 08:56

6. SellPhones82 (Posts: 490; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)


I can't beleive Apple even approved the app in the first place since its just a red glowing gem on the home screen and that's it.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories