Google acquires the social chat service Meebo to leverage G+
1. rudlie (Posts: 182; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
google acquired meebo just because google's engineers can not build chat application like facebook chat did? what a pity!
2. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Facebook chat used to suck until recently
9. rudlie (Posts: 182; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
You're right. Google engineers even can not build another suck one hahaha
8. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 946; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
Google bought it probably because the way they need to do it is already patented, so to buy a company with that patent adds to what they were trying to achieve with a user base already in place a triple win situation!
4. dcgore (Posts: 212; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
Google strategy on social: buy everything in sight. Maybe they'll dominate then.
5. QinEmpire (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Now its time for Meebo to become a ghost town like G+
7. jibraihimi (Posts: 714; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
What's is this acquiring Mania from Google and facebook about..........??? They are acquiring every company in their sight, can't they develop those features on their own............????
10. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Shut up morons, Apple does it, MS does it...it's the way business is done these days. So many already developed tech out there and to acquire it quickly just buy the company that has what you need out for a handsome sum and then integrate it. I notice that this comment section is littered with names I never seen before, must be the 1% of trolls that hide under the bridges around PA. Google is building it's own business which will most likely be a manufacturer/OS/supplier, since carriers like to screw us Google might be able to get their foot in and allow us to have something different to choose from yes? Perhaps bring your own phone to their service, yes?
11. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
agree with you. +1 sir.